Matching a craft to a book can make your reading come to life. Â These activities combine a love of crafting and reading into something great. Â After you read a book, make a craft to go along with it! Â Here are a few to get you started.
Today’s best blog feature, Kids Creative Chaos, is sharing some of her favorite crafts that accompany a children’s book. Â Make sure to check out her interview from this morning.
6 Books with a Matching Craft
1. Â Big Red BarnÂ – This book is a classic and a favorite among so many. Â Make your very own red barn with a few cardboard items. Â Your little one will love this!
2. Â Curious GeorgeÂ – Make a yummy monkey snack! Â Monkey’s love bananas and you can make it even more fun by smearing it with pudding and then covering with chocolate chips and granola. Â Delicious!
3. Â Daisy-Head MayzieÂ – Make a daisy hat so you can look just like the character in the book! Â All you need is construction paper and a little imagination!
4. Â One Tricky Monkey Up On TopÂ – After reading this book, grab some construction paper and make your own monkey mask.
5. Â The Kissing HandÂ – Make your very own kissing hand art with this recipe for edible finger paint. Â This would be great for Valentine’s Day!
6. Â The Rainbow FishÂ – Hang onto all your construction paper scraps! Â Get them out and use the multi-colored papers to create your own rainbow fish. Â So pretty!
Thank you, Lora, from KCC for sharing!