Matching a craft to a book can make your reading come to life. These activities combine a love of crafting and reading into something great. After you read a book, make a craft to go along with it! Here are a few to get you started.
Today’s best blog feature, Kids Creative Chaos, is sharing some of her favorite crafts that accompany a children’s book. Make sure to check out her interview from this morning.
6 Books with a Matching Craft
1. Big Red Barn – This book is a classic and a favorite among so many. Make your very own red barn with a few cardboard items. Your little one will love this!
2. Curious George – Make a yummy monkey snack! Monkey’s love bananas and you can make it even more fun by smearing it with pudding and then covering with chocolate chips and granola. Delicious!
3. Daisy-Head Mayzie – Make a daisy hat so you can look just like the character in the book! All you need is construction paper and a little imagination!
4. One Tricky Monkey Up On Top – After reading this book, grab some construction paper and make your own monkey mask.
5. The Kissing Hand – Make your very own kissing hand art with this recipe for edible finger paint. This would be great for Valentine’s Day!
6. The Rainbow Fish – Hang onto all your construction paper scraps! Get them out and use the multi-colored papers to create your own rainbow fish. So pretty!
Thank you, Lora, from KCC for sharing!Powered by Sidelines