You know what makes for the best summer cookouts? Am amazing burger! Now that the warmer weather is finally upon us, try these 5 Big & Juicy Burger Ideas during your next cookout!
5 Big & Juicy Burger Ideas!
This post contains affiliate links.
There’s sure to be something for everyone in these yummy burger recipes! Before we delve into them, there’s one bit we need to discuss first… a surefire secret weapon to the best burger. Homemade Burger Seasoning!
Homemade Burger Seasoning
- ½ Tablespoon Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ Tablespoon ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- ½ Tablespoon dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ Tablespoon dried Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Use 3/4 tablespoon per 1 pounds Ground Beef.
*This is a really cute summer hostess gift idea to bring to any cookout or gathering you are invited to! Just make it ahead of time, and place the seasoning in a cute decorative jar with a DIY customized label like, “Smith Family Burger Seasoning”.
- 1 pound Ground Beef, seasoned with favorite seasoning
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use about 1 Tablespoon of seasoned meat and make a perfect meatball.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook bacon slices, and drain on paper towel.
- Assemble burgers on toothpick starting with tomato, pickle, bacon, lettuce, cheese, and burger.
Egg in a Hole Burger
- 3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- Bacon slices
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- Salt & black pepper
- Hamburger buns
- Cheddar Cheese
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo and Sriracha.
- In a large skillet, make the bacon, and drain on a paper towel.
- Season ground beef with salt & pepper.
- Form the beef into a patty.
- Using a small glass, cut out the center of the patty to create a donut.
- Heat cast iron skillet on medium-high heat, and melt butter.
- Add the burger, and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Crack an egg in the center of each burger and cook, covered, until the whites are set.
- Add dressing to hamburger bun. Add the burger and toppings.
What Are Some Burger Options for Vegans and Vegetarians?
Whether or not you are a vegan or a vegetarian, you might have one as a guest at one of your cookouts, so it’s good to have some options readily available, like the Black Bean Burger recipe below!
I am not a vegetarian or vegan myself, but I have tried these meatless sausages and meatless burgers, and they are sooooo good! They taste just like the real deal, but are vegan and vegetarian- friendly.
Black Bean Burger
- 1 (16 oz) can Black Beans
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Drain and rinse the black beans, and mash well in a mixing bowl.
- In a food processor, chop the green pepper, onion, and garlic until finely chopped.
- Drain the mixture to remove all the water.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the black beans.
- Fold in chili powder, cumin, and salt & pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add beaten egg and mix.
- Stir in bread crumbs, and form into burger patties.
- Using a well-oiled skillet, cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with favorite dressing and toppings.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- Italian Breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Avocado
- Hamburger Buns
- Combine ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, and salt & pepper.
- Make hamburger patties and cook on grill or in hot pan.
- Serve with hamburger bun and sliced avocado.
Gluten Free Burger Dressing Options
When hosting a cookout, it’s good to be conscious of any potential allergies that guests might have, and prepare for them if you can.
If you have guests with gluten allergies, there are plenty of gluten free hot dog buns and gluten free hamburger buns to choose from. When preparing the burgers, be very careful not to have any cross-contamination with any wheat and gluten products. Even a crumb can make someone with a severe gluten problem sick. Also, don’t just think of buns when considering wheat products that are involved with hamburgers. If you use bread crumbs in your homemade burgers, make sure you use gluten free breadcrumbs.
Double check the labels of your condiments, too. Some are gluten- free, and others are not. Certain vinegars in condiment ingredients can contain gluten or wheat, depending on the grain they are sourced from.
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
What’s better than new toys to play with in the kitchen? Here are some of our go-t0 kitchen gadgets:
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Peel
- Fit and Fresh container
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Pizza Stone
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Half Apron in Red or Blue
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Summer Recipes
Nothing beats fun in the sun with friends and family! Check out these delicious summer recipes and try them during your next cookout:
- 18 Flavor-Filled Backyard Grilling Recipes
- 20 Amazing S’mores Recipes
- 15 Delicious Watermelon Recipes
- 5 Sweet Campfire and Other Summer Dessert Ideas
What’s your favorite burger topping? Comment below!