Let’s host a family movie night with the best and yummiest popcorn recipes around! Sometimes the popcorn is better than the movie! This family night idea will elevate your fun time together and make memories for you and kids of all ages.
Best Popcorn Recipes for Movie Night
Looking for family fun ideas? Pop in a movie, and make 5 Popcorn Recipes for Movie Night for a great way to spend time together. You’ll love this family tradition for sure!
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Caramel Corn Popcorn Recipe
When it comes to popcorn, a caramel-flavored one is a classic and a favorite in our house. You’ll be impressed with how easy a DIY version of this recipe is!
Ingredients Needed To Make Caramel Popcorn:
- ½ cup unpopped Popcorn kernels
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- A cup of salted Butter
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1½ – 2 tsp salt, divided
How To Make Caramel Popcorn:
- First, preheat the oven to 300°.
- Next, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook the popcorn, using your favorite method.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and 1 tsp salt together. Then, bring the mixture to a boil for about 4 minutes.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn. Mix to coat evenly.
- Then, pour popcorn onto the parchment paper. Add the remaining salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes
- Let cool and serve.
2. Yummy Popcorn Trail Mix Recipe
Add some colors to your popcorn when you make this yummy popcorn trail mix recipe! The kids will love it, I promise!
Ingredients Needed to Make Popcorn Trail Mix:
- 1/3 cup unpopped Popcorn Kernels
- A cup of Pretzels
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- Large Marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A cup of M&M’s
- 1 teaspoon Salt
How To Make Popcorn Trail Mix:
- Start by cooking the popcorn, using your favorite method.
- Next, place popcorn and pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
- Then, add brown sugar and corn syrup to melted butter, and mix.
- Add marshmallows, until completely melted.
- Remove from the heat, and then add vanilla and salt.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the popcorn and pretzels, then stir.
- Add the M&M’s.
3. Spicy Chili & Lime Popcorn Recipe
Popcorn can be spicy too! Spice up your movie night when you make this chili and lime popcorn recipe! Just be sure to reserve some sweet popcorns for the smaller kids!
Ingredients Needed To Make Spicy Chili & Lime Popcorn:
- 1/4 cup of Popcorn Kernels
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt, to taste
Head on over to Killing Thyme for this delicious recipe!
4. Tasty Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn Recipe
Popcorns can be cinnamon-flavored too! And it smells so good too. Have a wonderful twist on your popcorn with this recipe!
Ingredients Needed To Make Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn:
- 1/3 cup plain Popcorn Kernels
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Salt, to taste
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn Recipe:
- In a brown paper bag, cook the popcorn on high in the microwave for about 1 minute 20 seconds or until the popping stops (this equals about 8 cups)
- In a small pan, melt the butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter
- Pour popcorn into a bowl and add the cinnamon mixture on top, mix
- Add salt to the top to season the popcorn further
5. Easy Cheddar Cheese Popcorn Recipe
Cheese is another popcorn flavor the kiddos love. Here’s a fantastic version of it, with all the things you need to make this amazing recipe!
Ingredients Needed To Make Cheddar Cheese Popcorn:
- 1/3 cups unpopped Popcorn Kernels
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Mustard Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
How to Make Cheddar Cheese Popcorn:
- First, cook popcorn using your favorite method.
- Next, melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add cheddar cheese powder, mustard powder, and salt to the butter.
- Pour over the popcorn, and mix together.
More Movie Night Snacks & Ideas
- 5 Food on a Stick Recipes for Kids
- 20 Awesome Picks for Family Movie Night
- 5 Family Movie Nights Snacks
- Holiday Movie Gift Basket
- Create or Join a Summer Movie Club
- Healthy (and Quick) Snacks for Kids
- Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
What is your favorite popcorn recipe? Comment below!