Can you use an instant pot to make popcorn? Yes! Instant pot popcorn is quick, easy and delicious. Use our simple instant pot popcorn recipe for the easiest way to get ready for family movie night. To make instant pot popcorn you only need three pantry staple ingredients!
Instant Pot Popcorn Recipe
Not only is it healthier to make popcorn in your instant pot than it is to make microwavable popcorn, but it is easy too! Making popcorn in your instant pot is fun and a good memory to make with your kids!
Once you have this instant pot popcorn recipe, you’ll never want to go back! Aside from the toppings, this recipe is made from whole food ingredients and is a healthy snack option for the whole family.
Related: Amazon is selling a $13 gadget that helps you make the perfect movie theater popcorn at home.
This article contains affiliate links.
Ingredients Needed For Easy Instant Pot Popcorn
*You will want to use an oil like canola, vegetable oil, coconut, or olive oil because they have a high smoke point. I don’t suggest avocado oil for this popcorn recipe. Personally I think coconut oil is the best oil for popcorn and will give you that movie theater taste.
How to Make This Simply Delicious Instant Pot Popcorn Recipe
Start by setting your instant pot to “sauté”.
Add in coconut oil and allow it to melt.
Add in popcorn kernels and give it a stir to coat with to oil.
Cover instant pot with a clear glass lid and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until popcorn stops popping
Carefully transfer popcorn to a large bowl and sprinkle salt over
Enjoy with your favorite toppings or seasonings.
Suggested Popcorn Toppings
Don’t let this list limit you! One of my favorite things to make for my daughter on a family night or game night is something we call “popcorn surprise”. The surprise is a either a certain kind of candy, gummies, or trail mix, that is buried by the popcorn!
Use all your favorite toppings to turn this easy snack into the perfect popcorn! While fresh popcorn is great, let’s be honest, hot popcorn isn’t the star, the toppings are the best part.
- Melted butter
- Shaker cheese like parmesean
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- Candy: M&Ms, Skittles, Goobers, chocolate covered raisins, gummies, etc.
- Chocolate chips
How to Make Caramel Popcorn
It’s so easy to make caramel popcorn! Pop the corn in your instant pot per the recipe, and then drizzle either make homemade caramel or your favorite store bought caramel sauce over the popcorn once you remove it from your instant pot, and then serve!
Is Popcorn Gluten Free?
Unlike movie theater popcorn, you are almost always safe with the popcorn you make at home– depending on what you put in it!
I always check the packaging on any packaged food items to be sure it is gluten and wheat free. So, check the popcorn kernels and oil package to be sure.
Also, don’t forget to check your toppings! Not all candy and caramel, etc. is gluten free. You are generally safe with salt and butter, but double check any popcorn seasoning or processed butter seasoning toppings just to be sure.
How to Make a Family Movie Night Popcorn Bar
Set the tone for family movie night and set up a “concessions” stand, with little boxes of popcorn (Target usually sell those cute retro popcorn boxes in the Dollar Spot throughout the year).
And set up water bottles, juice boxes, cans of soda, boxes or tiny bowls of candy, popcorn seasoning, melted butter, salt, and caramel.
Kids get a kick out of making their own special popcorn concoctions, and they LOVE making a special popcorn treat for Mom and Dad, too! It’s like you’re at the movie theaters! Except this way it’s cheaper and you can wear pajamas.
So sit back, let them serve you some treats, and enjoy a fun family movie, while making the best memories with your littles!
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil
- ½ cup Unpopped popcorn kernels
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Set instant pot to Saute.
- Add in coconut oil and allow it to melt.
- Add in popcorn kernels and give it a stir to coat with to oil.
- Cover instant pot with a clear glass lid and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until popcorn stops popping.
- Carefully transfer popcorn to a large bowl and sprinkle salt over.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings or seasonings.
More Yummy Popcorn Recipes From Kids Activities Blog:
- You’ll love these 5 Delicious Popcorn Recipes that will make movie night fun.
- This is the most delicious honey butter popcorn recipe ever!
- Y’all, these Spider-Man popcorn balls are super!
- How delicious is this sweet, salty, popcorn recipe is the best.
- Have you tried this sweet and salty strawberry popcorn recipe?
- Want some fancy popcorn? Then you’ll want to try this truffle and parmesan popcorn recipe!
- Ready for something sweet? This snickerdoodle popcorn recipe is so sweet and yummy.
- Check out this delicious instant popcorn!
What’s your favorite popcorn topping? Comment below!