Sweet & Salty Strawberry Popcorn
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy delicious strawberries because it’s their peak season. However, it’s also the perfect time to enjoy sweet treats that are made to be enjoyed. We’ve partnered with Imperial Sugar to share this Sweet & Salty Strawberry Popcorn. It’s everything your summer tastebuds desire and so much more!
What You Will Need to Make Sweet & Salty Strawberry Popcorn:
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 small box strawberry gelatin
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, diced
- Parchment Paper (not wax paper)
Recipe adapted from Imperial Sugar.
How to Make Sweet & Salty Strawberry Popcorn:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread popped popcorn out over pan; set aside.
- In a small pot, heat the sugar, strawberry gelatin, and corn syrup over medium low heat until smooth and bubbly, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until incorporated. It will reach a smoother consistency.
- Pour mixture over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Place in oven and bake for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven and stir then return to oven for 4 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to set, about 2-3 minutes.
- Form into balls, if desired or place into a container and serve it up! Things just got a whole lot sweeter!
Sugar Makes Life Sweet
For many months we have teamed up with Imperial Sugar to share fun ways you can create, craft, and bake using sugar. This is just another delicious recipe to add to our list!
Sugar makes life sweet and things are always better sweet, right? That’s why no matter what you plan on doing, stocking up on sugar is a great way to ensure things taste great or the craft is more fun!
Although we half way through summer, you are probably still needing ideas on how to keep kids entertained. I suggest starting right here on Kids Activities Blog and of course, make sure you check out Imperial Sugar Kids in The Kitchen where you can find fun recipe and craft ideas for kids using sugar! You can also check out the Cubie & Cubettes Cooking Club which is a series of fun videos you and your kids can watch to learn how to create all sorts of fun things!