Today we have a simple Mothers Day card idea that even the youngest crafters can make. Kids can make mom, grandma, or their motherly role-model feel special with a simple hand-made card. This easy mother’s day card idea uses basic craft supplies and recycled materials. Make these homemade Mothers Day cards at home or in the classroom.
Easy Mother’s Day Card Idea
These handmade Mothers Day cards are so easy peasy to make and a better way to reuse items we typically throw away. Kids of all ages can make this with very little help! What a great idea for a homemade mothers day card.
Related: Make mothers day art
Every week, my family tosses vitamin bottles, medicine bottles, and milk and juice jugs into the recycling bin. The colorful caps from those bottles are often perfect for children’s crafts. For our card, we decided to transform our collection of bottle caps into sweet flowers for Mom!
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed To Make An Easy Happy Mother’s Day Card
How To Make An Easy Happy Mother’s Day Card
First, instruct your child to fold the card stock in half.
Next, glue a bottle cap to the card stock. If your child wishes to create a bouquet of flowers, glue many bottle caps to the card stock. It’s fun to use a variety!
NOTE: Some bottle caps can be small. Please supervise small children around bottle caps.
Draw the shape of flower petals around the bottle cap. Kids love getting creative with this part!
Color in the flower petals. Make sure to add stems and leaves to the flowers.
Invite your child to add more detail to their picture. My child chose to add a sun and grass! Then of course, he wrote “Happy Mother’s Day” at the top of his card.
Simple, sweet, and made with love!
Step by Step Pictures for Making Simple Mothers Day card
Other Happy Mother’s Day Card Ideas
- If you have an older kid, they can write a heartfelt message inside or a poem. If they aren’t confident in their own message, write another sweet message like your favorite memory of mom!
- Young children can do this too, but their little hands will probably need a little help. This DIY card is yours to design. Write your own special message, or just add more pictures!
- I bet some paper tulips would look great with your bottle cap flower.
- Maybe put the flower in a flower pot. There should be enough room on this gorgeous card to add whatever you want.
- Or you can follow the step by step tutorials we have. Either way, I’m sure this happy mother’s day card will make mom smile.
- Plastic caps from empty bottles
- White card stock
- First, instruct your child to fold the card stock in half.
- Next, glue a bottle cap to the card stock. If your child wishes to create a bouquet of flowers, glue many bottle caps to the card stock. It's fun to use a variety!
- Draw the shape of flower petals around the bottle cap. Kids love getting creative with this part!
- Color in the flower petals. Make sure to add stems and leaves to the flowers.
- Invite your child to add more detail to their picture. My child chose to add a sun and grass! Then of course, he wrote "Happy Mother's Day" at the top of his card.
Some bottle caps can be small. Please supervise small children around bottle caps.
More Mother’s Day Card Ideas From Kids Activities Blog
Pair this card with a beautiful Mother’s Day DIY for the perfect gift! Not a fan of this card? We have some of the cutest card ideas! These can be used for mother’s day, father’s day, and other holidays. This special card is versatile!
- Check out these free printable Mother’s day cards!
- These handmade cards are perfect for Mother’s day! She will love them!
- Beautiful flower homemade card for mom is so pretty and easy to make.
- Tell mom you love her with this amazing yarn heart card.
- I love you mom coloring pages are the perfect way to say I love you and Happy Mother’s day!
- Say I love you in sign language with this beautiful card. Mom always needs to hear how much you love her.
- It isn’t exactly a card, but mom will love this beautiful flower you designed!
- Speaking of paper flowers, make mom a beautiful bouquet of paper roses!
- What about these wonderful mother’s day breakfast in bed ideas!
How did your mother’s day card turn out? Comment below and let us know! We’d love to hear from you.