May the fourth be with you, crafty mamas!
If you have little Star Wars fans in your house, then you have to show them How to Make Star Wars Lightsaber Pens today! It’s easy peasy and your kiddos will love showing them off at school.
This is also a great craft to do during a Star Wars-themed birthday party. It can be an activity craft for all of the kids to do together (with just a little prep work from mom to make it go smoothly!) and it doubles as a party favor!
In the words of Yoda, “Do or do not. There is no try.” So, let’s do this!
How to Make Star Wars Lightsaber Pens:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Fluorescent colored Y&C Gel Xtreme pens
- Black duct tape, cut into narrow strips (three per pen.)
- Silver Duct tape, cut into even thinner strips
The fluorescent colors from Gel Extreme are the best! They give your lightsaber pens a real glowy “lightsaber look”. They are perfect for dueling!
- Wrap strips of black tape around each pen cap. Little fingers might need some help getting it to wrap straight around. It’s a great activity for teaching kiddos concentration and precision! And hey, if you mess up a piece of tape, just toss it and try another! That’s the beauty of this craft!
- Add and embellish with strips of silver duct tape.
- Ta da! My boys have been playing miniature Star Wars games with these ever since we made them. I’m obsessed with those little boy laser beam sound effects. It’s so fun, affordable, easy, and it really gets them in an imaginative Star Wars mindset.
More Star Wars Fun!
Looking for more ways to celebrate your love of all things Star Wars today or any day? Check out these ideas:
- Star Wars Crafts: Toilet Roll Movie Characters to Inspire Creative Play
- Bring Out the Force – 30 Star Wars Crafts and Activities
- Star Wars Cake Ideas
- 10 Fun Star Wars Activities for Kids
- 15 Cool Ways to Make a Lightsaber
Which Star Wars movie is your favorite, and why? Let us know in the comments below, we’d love to hear! Also, be sure to join us over on our Facebook page.