We have found the BEST girls hairstyles online. Not only are these hair ideas cute (OK, totally adorable) but they are doable. Easy tutorials of styles of all kinds: braids, ponytails, long hair, short hair, long hair, twists and more.
It is why we are calling them Lazy Hairstyle Ideas for Girls.
Somedays you need a quick style for your kids. And we like the kid hair ideas that are nearly indestructible, because we have all created something amazing only to see it loosen and fall apart in minutes.
If you have a toddler, check out our toddler hair ideas!
From braids that stay put the first time, to interesting ways to upscale a ponytail, we’ve got you covered!
Easy Hair Styles for Girls We Love
The Braided Bun
This 5 minute addition to a pony tail is a great way to upscale a simple look into a fun bun.
Start with a ponytail leaving a section of hair out along the top and one side. Then, begin a french braid at the start of the hair on the top of the head. See the easy pictured steps to create the braided bun..
Your daughter can achieve Disney Princess hair status with this fun idea:
Start with a high pony tail and a sock bun on top of the pony tail. Then wrap the hair around the sock bun and pin it in place with bobby pins. See the step by step picture tutorial at Get Away Today!
Oh, and if you have a Princess at your house, there are 4 other Disney Princess inspired hair ideas there as well!
Loose Dutch Braid
Make the loose dutch braid tight, and add flowers. Your daughter will love it!
This style has saved us until we could get a stylist to rescue our daughter after she cut her own hair. See the pictured steps over on Princess Piggies.
The Bow Bun
This simple girls hairstyle is one of the cutest and easiest. It is a favorite among both kids and the adults that need to assist them! Get all the instructions for the bow bun at Small Fry .
Dutch Accent Ponytail
The best mix of braids and ponytails.
All the fun of a braid with less flyaways, and the ease of a pony. See the full instructions over on Cute Girls Hairstyles.
This nifty hair trick for girls will dress up any pony in mere seconds.
I love how slick it looks and it would look lovely on a woman as well as a girl. Check out how to create this easy ponytail with step by step directions via Babes in Hairland.
Fishtail Braid Pinback Hairstyle
Just make a mini braid and pin that section up from your child’s face for a hassle-free look. This might actually the the easiest (laziest) idea we have listed. See how to create it on Princess Hairstyles.
This is such a good idea for getting hair out of your daughter’s face for sports or just because it is adorable.
Follow these steps to create the bubble ponytail effect.
Rolled Pony Mohawk
Check out the simple pictured directions for creating this adorable updo from Untrained Hair Mom.
Easy Kids Hairstyles
Sectioned Ponytails for a Braided Look
Looking for something even faster than a braid but with all of the “do it once and leave” it qualities that a braid has?
Try a sectioned pony tail.
Mohawk Fishtail Pony
This is a bit more time consuming, but great if your kids have lots of flyaways.
Even though it is a little more complicated, I love how Pretty Hair is Fun makes it pretty simple!
Mouse Ear Top Knots
This works really well even with a bob haircut or a shorter style. Bunch hair into little “buns” on each side of your kiddos head from A Cup of Jo.
Twisted Waterfall Braid
Once you get the hang of this style, it is quick to throw together! Photo Credit via Girly Do Hairstyles, (the link to this post no longer exists, but this tutorial by Cute Girls Hairstyles is very helpful).
Upside Down Ponytails
Make pony tails, then separate the middle, and pull the tail up from the middle over the band for an upside down look – check out more information on our cute little girls hairstyle ideas.
Toddler Top Knot
The higher the better with this 3 min princess style from Kojodesigns.
Twisted Ballerina Bun
This style works great with kids who have curly hair. Twist the sides to help contain whisps and make a pony bun at the bottom of your kiddos neck. via The Blue Closet
Zig Zag Updo
SO fun, and so easy. Just cross sections of hair across your girl’s head and clip in place with a bobby pin. via Fabulessly Frugal
More Cute Hairstyles and Beauty Tips
- These easy toddler hairstyles will make it a breeze to do your little one’s hair.
- Make your holidays that much merrier with these holiday hair styles.
- Gum can be such a pain sometimes. Here is how to get gum out of hair.
- We have a ton of adorable hair styles for little boys as well.
- Is your child’s school having a crazy hair day? We have plenty of crazy hair ideas to help!
- Watch as this little girl’s father does her hair like a pro.
- Keep your little one’s bows organized with this hair bow display!
- These make up tips will make doing your face so much easier.
- Does your child love Frozen? Here is how to do an elsa braid!
- This body positive childrens book is a great way to teach your child to love themselves.
- Make your own diy chocolate lip balm!
- Speaking of body positive, this model has a unique body but embraces it and isn’t afraid to show how proud of it she is!
- Not a chocolate lip balm fan? Try out this diy tinted lip balm instead!
- Don’t throw away your broken make up! We will teach you how to fix broken make up.
- Want more hacks? Check out our new life hacks!