Cleaning the house can be so tedious sometimes, but these time-saving cleaning tips should help. Some of these tips also include tips for cleaning without chemicals, so if you’re trying to avoid harsh chemicals, this is the place for you.
The mess can take over our homes and our emotions, but cleaning the house with these little cleaning hacks will make it go by just a bit quicker (maybe even adding in a little fun!).
Tips for Cleaning the House
Having a clean home is a part of having a healthy home. To avoid health risks, it’s always a good idea to avoid harmful chemicals and use the best natural cleaning products, or non-toxic cleaning products, especially when there are small children around. Natural cleaners such as baking soda, lemon juice, hydrogen peroxide are common cleaning products that are inexpensive, easy to get, and will make every area of your house look neat.
Although not all of the products and tips we are listing are natural products or free of chemical cleaners, we’ve found they work so well that they’re the best way (and most effective way!) for our homes.
Below you’ll find our favorite cleaning tips and cleaning products that you can get in your favorite grocery store – or even how to make them yourself! From natural disinfectant recipes to the best fabric softener and safe cleaning products for sensitive skin, we are here to help you keep your entire home looking cleaner than ever in ways that are safe for your family.
Keep on reading!
Cleaning the house:
We love these time-saving hacks! We hope that you like them, too. We are going to share links to other websites, blogs and affiliate links to cleaning tool ideas we suggest to get a clean house. These are our favorite things… happy cleaning!
.3. Here are 25 clever laundry hacks; from using a cup of vinegar to keep wrinkles at bay, to refreshing clothes with a lavender linen spray bottle, and more – you don’t want to miss these hacks!
4. This printable chore chart is organized by age-appropriate chores and will certainly help your kids do their chores.
6. Dust your lampshades with a lint roller. It will get rid of dust faster than anything. Who knew it was so easy?
8. My sister-in-law uses 3 drops of tea tree oil to clean any rough spots or scratches on her wood floors.
9. My Aunt swears by the trick of ditching your paper towels for newspaper when cleaning glass.
10. Let’s use personal care products to take stains out of our clothes! Such as baby powder for grease stains, shaving cream to remove foundation, hairspray to take ink out of your clothing, and more. Just keep dabbing at it.
12. Use Vinegar as a kitchen cleaner- it can do more than you thought!
14. Get the smell of mildew out of your towels and washcloths with a cupful of vinegar in your wash. There’s no need for chlorine bleach anymore!
Get the family involved:
15. Use an old Candy-Land board game to add spice to doing chores for the kids. It’s the only way that works for us! The prize at the end is a night of fun for the whole family!
16. Even your 18-month-old can be helping with chores like loading the dishwasher and cleaning up spills, among this list of other things.
18. At our house we have a basket at the top of the stairs and one at the bottom. If we have stuff to go down, we put it in the upstairs basket. If we have stuff to go up, it goes in the basket at the bottom of the stairs. It just keeps switching all day long and it is an easy system that even the kids understand. It’s the first thing we do every morning.
19. Get gum off of items by using orange oil. Just apply a little bit with a cotton pad or cotton ball. Works on ceramic tile, kitchen sink, and pretty much anywhere.
21. Clean the kids’ LEGO toys by putting them in a lingerie bag and throwing the bag in the washing machine.
22. To remove stubborn price tags from items like dishes and glassware, try using a cotton pad soaked with rubbing alcohol. The alcohol dissolves the sticky glue. If you don’t have that on hand, try peanut butter. Works every time.
23. Declutter, Clean & Organize the entire house. We LOVE this declutter course! It’s perfect for busy families!
Thank you for reading these tips. I hope that you have found these little hacks to be helpful!
More Cleaning hACKS FROM kIDS aCTIVITIES bLOG:
- This powder carpet cleaner DIY recipe is the best way to banish carpet odors!
- Check out our favorite cleaning hacks to make your every day easier.
- We love DIY household cleaners – from floor cleaners to all-purpose scrub, you’ll find so many recipes!
- Don’t know where to start with your spring cleaning activities? Here are some ideas for you!
- These kitchen cleaning hacks are hopefully going to make your cleaning time just a little shorter.
Did you like our time-saving cleaning and cleaning without chemicals tips? Which was your favorite?