Today we have a wide variety of health hacks for moms, from toddler medicine hacks and parenting hacks to beauty hacks – and everything in between. We hope these hacks help you be most efficient with your time and most importantly, make your life easier!
This post contains affiliate/distributor links that support Kids Activities Blog. We may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Exercises for Moms
Exercising is the best medicine – it helps us keep a positive attitude and it’s the best way to stay in good shape to keep up with our little ones. Here are our favorite exercises for you to do at home:
- Get rid of the excuses. Do your stretching exercises before you even get out of bed with these ideas.
- Planks – They are a full core workout! Here are 3 planks variations that will help build your core, quickly.
- It’s a real mom exercise routine to help you bond with your baby. Try walking up the steps skipping a step with each step, while carrying your tot.
- Melt the mommy pouch with Boat Rocks – bring your baby along for these exercises.
Health and Beauty Solutions
These hacks are a perfect way to enjoy a home spa day or whenever you feel like you need a little pick me up.
- Guys! This really works. I have used a recipe similar to this Sugar Paste to remove my unwanted hair.
- Try this curly girl method to get the best results for your hair.
- Say good bye to blackheads using lemons and honey. Just squeeze a couple of drops of honey onto your lemon and rub it on your face.
- Have glowing skin even if you didn’t get all the rest you needed with diy Vitamin C skin serum.
- SO many ways to use Epsom Salts. Epsom salts are cheap and can be used as a health booster – it’s a great idea to incorporate it into your health.
Health Tips for Moms
Of course, health is super important too! Here’s my best tip: when we feel good, we look good! Try these tips and ideas to treat the flu and other diseases. From young children to older kids and adults, these tips are the best free “prescription medicine”.
These are just general recommendations – always remember to check with your child’s doctor before trying any kids medicine or natural remedies.
- Hydrogen peroxide is a super handy “must-have” for every medicine cabinet. Not only can you use it with your kids cuts and scrapes – the good news is that there are so many other ways to use hydrogen peroxide we bet you never thought of before.
- Do your back and feet ache after walking around with a toddler on your hip all day? Use a tennis ball to relieve foot pain – what a brilliant hack!
- A batch of homemade pedialyte can help sick children bounce back faster from a day in the sun or illness. Make your own in different flavors with a spoonful of sugar to make their taste buds happy! Don’t forget their favorite sippy cup.
- Sunburns hurt when we get them, but it’s even worse when our kids get red! Use a little bit of Aloe Vera – freeze the gel (make sure it is 100% AV) and then rub it on your burns. It will feel SO good!
- Prevention is half the battle to protecting your home from illness. Make handwashing easier for your kids by creating a sink extender. Next time they wash their hands will be so much easier.
- Save money and chemicals!! Make your own deodorant paste – here’s a good technique that is chemical-free and it works. Use essential oils to scent the paste.
Simply dilute 8-10 drops of one or more of your preferred essential oils into the recipe. Here are the best essential oils for making your own deodorant paste:
- Tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties).
- Clary sage (antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anesthetic relief).
- Ylang-ylang (prevents appearance of dark underarms and hyperpigmentation).
- Lavender (soothes and nourishes skin, antifungal, and antibacterial).
- Bergamot (antimicrobial, antifungal, natural deodorizer, antiseptic).
Ideas for Sick Kids
Struggling to give your child medicine? Here are some easy ways to help you take care of your kid for medicine time.
- No more needles! Use a baking soda paste to help remove splinters to make your child feel better in minutes. Just put a dab on, cover with a bandaid and scrape the splinter away an hour later.
- Prevent tummy bugs. When one strikes your home, give out doses of Grape Juice Solution (bad taste here!) to help protect those who don’t have the bug. Pour it in a small cup next to some juice box. They’ll love it!
- Diy Rice Water. This is a great way to help rebuild your kids’ electrolytes after they have been sick – it’s such a sweet little treat that it might become their favorite drink.
- Cavities. Kids are so prone to getting them. Make a batch of homemade toothpaste that remineralizes your teeth. It has no taste of medicine or bitter taste whatsoever!
Medicine Tips for Families
Here are more easy medicine tips for moms to take care of the family.
- Give your kids (or yourself) detox baths. This is a quick and easier way to try and beat a cold.
- Locking Medicine Cabinet. This is so necessary to protect your younger children and your sanity. Sometimes a high chair is not enough. Get a box that is easy to lock/un-lock the entire thing with a simple code.
- You can create your own first aid kit. Fill it with items you might need and have one ready and waiting at home and in the car!
Parenting hacks for a wholesome life
These tips and hacks will make your life more wholesome – from the inside out.
- Intentionally seek out moments to connect with your kids – here are 25 Ideas.
- Have a toddler that can’t fall asleep? Try this secret food to help them snooze.
- Emotional health is often forgotten. One of our top tips for an emotionally healthy home, is to have less.
- Give your kids compliments. After a couple of times, they’ll start reciprocating naturally too. Kids need to hear that they are loved and appreciated.
- Get organized. A clutter-free home leads to a less cluttered mind. Give yourself room to think and get that sense of control we all love.
Want more EASY hacks? Try out these ideas from Kids Activities Blog:
- Try these cleaning hacks that make your life easier!
- We love these genius mom office ideas – they’re so clever!
- Want more life hacks to make your life easier? Look no further! We have over 100 to choose from!
- Here’s how to use essential oils for cleaning – great to add to your daily routine.
- Check out this declutter list to keep your car in optimal conditions.
- These DIY purse organize ideas are the best thing you’ll read today.
Did you like these life hacks, toddler medicine hacks, beauty hacks, and everything else? Which one was your favorite?