If you have seen those lovely ribbon flowers that decorate almost anything but didn’t know how to make them, you are in the right place!
We are making super easy ribbon flowers today.
What I love about this simple ribbon craft is that choosing a different color/pattern of ribbon can completely change the look of the ribbon flower even though the easy technique is the same.
How to Make Ribbon Flowers
According to my seven-year old, this technique for making ribbon flowers is the easiest ribbon flower you can make. I will take that as an endorsement of this simple ribbon flower technique!
This article includes affiliate links. The ribbon shown in the pictures were a gift from from Hairbow Supplies Etc.
Supplies Needed to Make Ribbon Flowers
- Ribbon – here are some of our favorites
- (Optional) Embellishments to add to the ribbon flower
You will need roughly 1 foot of ribbon for each flower, less for a smaller flower (more if your ribbon is thick).
Steps to Make Easy Ribbon Flowers
- Using your needle and thread, sew along one edge of the ribbon with a very loose stitch.
- Then pull the strings to gather the ribbon into bunches.
- Swirl the ribbon until it makes a “flower”.
- We knotted the strings together after the flower was formed, then hot glued the flower to a “backing” to keep it in a “flower” shape.
- (Optional) Attach the flower to a hair clip.
Finished Ribbon Flowers
You can use your ribbon flowers to mix and match on our easy DIY headband. It is the CUTEST!!! You can make this headband and then easily swap out the flowers and is perfect for the girl who changes her mind!
If you would prefer to buy ribbon flowers instead of make them, we found these really cute options that aren’t very expensive:
- Satin ribbon roses in a variety of colors – 200 piece set
- Satin ribbon flowers in 26 colors with rhinestone appliques
- Organza ribbon flowers set with 40 pieces including embellished center
- Mini ribbon flower appliques embellishments set with 20 pieces – ribbon flowers with green leaves and rhinestones
Display all your ribbon flowers by creating a hair bow display and attaching them so everyone can see!
More Flower Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Grab these really creative zentangle flowers that you can add any flower color to!
- Craft these colorful and gorgeous Mexican paper flowers for any season!
- Make these pretty flowers which is one of many really fun water bottle painting ideas
- Craft these easy pipe cleaner flowers and make a huge bouquet!
- Looking for a way how to make easy flower? We have the cutest idea for flower making…
- And absolutely don’t miss our 14 original flower coloring pages which is just plain flower power fun!
How did your ribbon flowers turn out? Did you make a 100 ribbon flowers because it was so easy & fun?