This cereal prank is really fun and easy!
I don’t usually get into April Fool’s Day pranks and jokes but last year I really got the kids with this little prank!
Frozen Cereal Prank For Kids
Looking for easy April fools’ day pranks? Well look no further! We have an easy one you can set up at night, and then the next morning will be filled with giggles!
April fools pranks should be a good time for everyone, and this is a fun harmless pranks everyone can enjoy.
If you have cereal bowls, cereal, milk, and a freezer you can do this prank.
Easy April Fool’s Day Frozen Cereal Breakfast Prank
The best thing about this April Fool’s Day prank, is that you most likely already have everything you need!
The awesome thing is this is super simple and very convincing because we are going to freeze cereal. This post contains affiliate links.
Frozen Cereal Prank
Supplies You Will Need for Frozen Cereal Prank
*Cereals that are “sturdy” like Cheerios, Kix or granola with clusters will work better because they will keep their shape while being frozen and will look more like a freshly poured cereal.
How to Pull Off the April Fool’s Prank (Muahahaha…)
I started the night before with two regular bowls of Cheerios and milk.
Breakfast at night? No, not quite. I fixed the cereal as usual but then stuck them in the freezer…
Then, in the morning, I took the frozen bowls of cereal out and added just a touch of fresh milk to the top.
It looks completely normal…hee hee hee!
My Son’s Reaction To My Frozen Cereal Prank
Nicholas made some funny faces as he tried to eat his frozen cereal.
Then he tried digging into the unusual breakfast with his spoon.
He never really caught on to the joke and ended up just saying “Ewww” and pushing it away.
The poor boy was still half asleep and now in tears over his weird cereal.
Yet I couldn’t help but giggle as I said the infamous, “April Fools!”
Cereal Jokes for Kids
So, while you are sitting around the breakfast cereal trying to dig into frozen cereal, maybe some more cereal jokes might be the perfect addition for more giggles.
What do cats eat for breakfast?
Hey, You opened the cereal box!
No I didn’t, it is bran new.
Who was the major suspect in the murder of Tony the Tiger, Toucan Sam and Sugar Bear?
A cereal killer.
What do snowmen eat for breakfast?
What do snowmen eat for breakfast?
Why didn’t the snowman eat the entire bowl of cereal?
He was feeling a little flaky.
What do bees eat for breakfast?
What is the favorite cereal in Great Britain?
What do you call eating dinosaurs for breakfast?
Why did the astronauts take a cereal box with them in the rocket?
In case they passed the milky way.
But oh what fun!
Other Ways To Pull Hilarious Pranks Cereal Prank On Family Members
There are other ways to pull silly an April fool’s joke on your family.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to a bowl of their favorite cereal and watch it change colors as they eat. Classic prank!
- Add a couple (large to avoid choking hazards) plastic bugs in their cereal. Preferably the colorful ones and not so realistic ones.
- Does your child drink juice in the morning? Instead of a regular cup of orange juice you could always replace it with frozen juice. (Doubles as a popsicle and a delicious treat for being a good sport.)
- Do they pour their own milk? Add softened ice cream to an empty carton of milk. The milk will look lumpy, but taste great! What a fun surprise.
- Cheerios or other breakfast cereal*
- The night before, fill a bowl up with your child's favorite cereal. Preferable something sturdy like Cheerios, Kix, Captain Crunch (original).
- Add the milk to the cereal.
- Immediately put it in the freezer over night.
- In the morning, add a little milk to make it wook more "real" and serve.
Avoid using something like Frosted Flakes or Mini Wheats as they'll disintegrate.
More Pranks For Kids From Kids Activities Blog:
Looking for more ways to trick your littles? Here are some cute and fun ideas to celebrate April Fool’s Day with the whole family!
- 10 Pranks for Parents to Play on Kids
- 20+ April Fool’s Day Pranks
- Catch a Dollar (Easy Prank for Kids)
- Eyeball Ice Cubes (Prank for Kids)
- Balloon Pillow Prank
- 13 of the Best Pranks Kids Can Do
- Sleeping Boy Prank
- 12 Super Silly Practical Jokes for Kids
- Silly Blue Bath Water Prank for Kids
What is your favorite April Fool’s Day prank that you have played on your kids? Comment below!