There are so many fun facts about Delaware, so let’s get started! It’s known as the “diamond state,” nicknamed by Thomas Jefferson for its strategic location on the Atlantic coast, and is also nicknamed “The First State.” It’s the only state with just three counties.
These facts are perfect for kids and adults who love coloring activities about the United States. Use these Delaware state facts at home or in the classroom.
FREE PRINTABLE FACTS ABOUT GEORGIA COLORING PAGES
Delaware is also known for the Hagley Museum, Winterthur Museum, and the first state heritage park. Delaware’s largest state park is home to remains of World War II-era Fort Miles. The observation towers are located along the cape’s beaches on the Atlantic Ocean and Delaware Bay.
Fun Facts About Delaware FOR KIDS
- Delaware, often known as the “First State,” was the first state to ratify the United States Constitution.
- Delaware is the second smallest state in the U.S., with an area of just 1,949 square miles, making it a smaller wonder.
- The state’s official nickname is the “Diamond State.”
- The highest point in Delaware is found at just 447 feet above sea level.
- President Joe Biden is the first U.S. President from the state of Delaware.
- Delaware is the least populated state in America, with a population of only 1.003 million.
- Dover International Speedway, known as the “Monster Mile,” is a major attraction for motorsports enthusiasts.
- The state of Delaware is known for having no sales tax, making it a great state for shoppers.
- The Delaware River, Delaware Bay, and the Atlantic Ocean border the state, offering sandy beaches and scenic coastal landscapes.
- Rehoboth Beach, is a popular coastal town in Sussex County, known for its beautiful beaches and a favorite vacation spot.
- Delaware played a significant role in the Revolutionary War and has a numerous historic sites, including Old Swedes Church.
- The state bird of Delaware is the Delaware Blue Hen, reflecting its nickname “The Blue Hen State.”
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR Fun Facts About Delaware COLORING SHEETS
Fun Facts About Delaware coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable Delaware facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with fun facts about Delaware that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
More interesting facts about Delaware
- Cape Henlopen State Park is Delaware’s largest state park.
- Delaware is located on the Eastern Seaboard, making it an important historical and strategic location in American history.
- Delaware is home to the Delaware Memorial Bridge, connecting the state to New Jersey, and is a key part of the Atlantic Coastal Plain.
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Fun Facts About Delaware PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Fun Facts About Illinois For Kids
- Fun Facts About Georgia
- 12 Fun Facts about Alabama Coloring Pages
- Fun Ohio Facts
- Interesting Facts About Iowa
- 10+ Arizona Facts And Free Printables
- Really Neat Alaska Facts Coloring Pages
- What How You Sit Says About You
What were your favorite facts about Delaware?