Today, we look at interesting facts about sushi, a Japanese delicacy that played an important role in the spread of Japanese cuisine throughout the world.
So if you have a kiddo who’s a sushi master and loves this Japanese food, be sure to print these sushi facts coloring pages for them!
Download here: Sushi facts sheets
From the origins of sushi to the different types of sushi available in a Japanese restaurant, like an inside-out roll and maki sushi, for example, these fun facts are the perfect way to learn more about this popular dish, made from fresh seafood, white rice, and other ingredients loved by the Japanese people.
Let’s take a look at these facts!
sushi facts FOR KIDS
- Sushi is a Japanese dish of prepared vinegared rice accompanied by a variety of ingredients such as raw fish and vegetables.
- The term sushi comes from the Japanese words “su” (Vinegar) and “shi (rice).
- The first International Sushi Day was celebrated on June 18, 2009.
- The most expensive sushi according to Guinness World Record costs $2403 USD for 20 pieces of nigiri sushi.
- There are seven kinds of sushi: Nigiri, sashimi, maki, uramaki, temaki, chirashi, and hako.
- There are nearly 4000 sushi restaurants across the United States today.
- The first version of the California roll was invented in the 1960s at Tokyo Kaikan, a restaurant in the Little Tokyo area of Los Angeles.
- Real wasabi is really expensive because wasabi plants are very difficult to grow and require very specific conditions.
- Japanese chefs spend between 5 to 20 years of training to become true sushi chefs.
- Modern sushi was popularized by Hanaya Yohei who opened the first sushi restaurant in the 1820s in Tokyo.
- Narezushi is recognized as the oldest type of sushi and dates back to the 10th Century. This is the old name Japanese people gave to fermented fish preserved using raw rice as well as salt. This eventually gave way to traditional nigiri sushi.
- Premium sushi found in restaurants around the world is often served on a conveyor belt, allowing sushi lovers to simply pick their favorite dish as it comes past.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR SUSHI FACTS COLORING SHEETS
Sushi facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable sushi facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with sushi facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE sushi facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Fun Chocolate Facts Coloring Pages
- 10 Fish Facts That Are So Much Fun To Learn!
- Japan Fun Facts Coloring Pages
- Fun Pizza Facts Coloring Pages
- 12 Thanksgiving Fun Facts For Kids You Can Print
- Fun Octopus Facts For Kids To Print And Learn
- Fun Blue Whale Facts
Which of these facts covering the history of sushi did you like best?