Do you have a future scientist in your home or classroom? Foster scientific thinking and a love for biology with our simple version of an animal cell model.
If you’re looking for a fun way to teach the specific functions and components of animal cells, you’re in the right place! This two-page printable activity is the perfect way for middle and high school students to put their knowledge to the test by filling out the parts of an animal cell.
Download here –> Model of an Animal Cell Coloring Pages
The Kids Activities Blog coloring pages have been downloaded over 100K times in just the last year!
What are the parts of the cell?
An animal cell is a eukaryotic cell (with membrane-covered organelles, like the nucleus and mitochondria) present in all organisms of the animal kingdom.
You probably already know the parts of main parts of an animal cell, so let’s see what important role each part plays! The parts of the animal cell are the following:
- Cell Membrane: The cell membrane is like a barrier that surrounds the cell. It controls what goes in and out, and it also provides support and protection for the cell.
- Nucleus: The nucleus is like the control center of the cell. It contains genetic information, which is like a set of instructions, for what the cell should do.
- Mitochondria: Mitochondria are like powerhouses. They produce energy for the cell.
- Pores: Pores are tiny openings in the nuclear envelope, which is a layer around the cell nucleus, and they allow certain materials, like messages and instructions, to pass in and out of the nucleus.
So, there you have it – the main parts of cells and their various functions. Animal cells are pretty cool, right? They’re like a city with lots of different jobs to make sure we stay healthy and happy. Keep learning about these amazing little buddies in your biology lessons, and you’ll be a cell expert in no time
MODEL OF AN ANIMAL CELL FILL-IN-THE-BLANKS
Our first animal cell model coloring page features a picture of a plant cell with blank spaces and a word bank to choose words from. After learning each part of the animal cell, fill in the blanks with the corresponding word. Once you’re done, grab your crayons and make this coloring sheet bright and vibrant.
MODEL OF AN ANIMAL CELL COLORING PAGE WITH ANSWERS
Our second model of an animal cell coloring page serves as the key to your puzzle so you can check your answers and tally up your correct answers.
More facts about the animal cell:
Now that you know the different functions and parts of the animal cell, let’s learn more basic information!
If you’ve been studying other types of cells, you’ve probably realized that one of the main differences between plant cells and animal cells is the lack of a rigid cell wall: Plant cells have a rigid cell wall because they need structural support to stand upright, like trees. Animal cells don’t need this support, so they don’t have a cell wall, making them more flexible for movement.
Other parts of the animal cell:
Complement your learning! Here are other parts of the animal cell that are important to learn about.
- Golgi Apparatus: It is like a packaging center. It takes proteins and other molecules made by the cell and prepares them for transport or use in the cell.
- Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum (ER): The smooth ER is involved in making lipids and helps detoxify harmful substances.
- Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum (ER): The rough ER is where proteins are made. It’s like a protein factory within the cell.
- Lysosomes: Lysosomes contain enzymes that break down waste materials, old cell parts, and foreign invaders.
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Model of an Animal Cell Coloring Pages PDF FILE
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR Model of an Animal Cell Coloring Pages
Model of an Animal Cell coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable model of an animal cell template pdf — see button above to download & print.
MORE Learning activities FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Model of a Plant Cell Printable
- Science Fair Project Ideas
- Sunscreen Science Experiment
- Science Doodles Coloring Pages
- Make an Atom Model
- Physical Science Activities For Preschoolers
- Scientific Method Coloring Pages
- Fun Facts For Kids
Did you know the answers to our model of an animal cell worksheet?