We usually have cold cereal or oatmeal for breakfast during the week, but on the weekends we sleep in a little later and enjoy a later brunch that is a little heartier. One of our favorite weekend morning breakfasts is Easy Eggs Benedict. Several wonderful flavors that blend perfectly together.
This post contains affiliate links.
What You Need To Make Easy Eggs Benedict:
- English muffins
- Packaged Hollandaise Sauce Mix
- Canadian Bacon
Plus, I found the perfect tool to help poach eggs for my Eggs Benedict.
It’s a Poach Pod! These are little silicone cups that each hold one egg. To poach the egg, rub a little butter or cooking spray in the pod the pour the whole egg into the pod. Place the pods in a pan of boiling water and cover. Cook until they’re done. (This is kind of up to you. It depends how done you like your eggs.)
How To Make Easy Eggs Benedict:
- While the eggs are poaching, proceed with the other steps.
- Make your Hollandaise sauce based on package directions. I used to use a fancy recipe to make it from scratch but it was time-prohibitive for a busy weekend morning. These packaged sauces are just as good and so much quicker and easier.
- Separate the English muffins in half. I really like the pre-sliced kind because these are thin and hard to cut evenly. Toast each side in the toaster.
- Cover each half with a slice of cheese. We use a Colby jack blend but any kind would be good.
- I usually spread out the Canadian bacon on a plate and warm it for a few seconds in the microwave just to take the chill off. Place two slices of Canadian bacon on each English muffin half.
- About this time, the eggs are done. I usually stick a fork down into one of the yolks just to be sure it is cooked all the way through.
- Place one poached egg on each English muffin half and cover it all with Hollandaise sauce.
- Grab a knife and fork and dig in to this “fancy” breakfast that was so much easier than it looks.
More Delicious Egg Recipes
Did you and your family enjoy this delicious recipe? Let us know in the comments below, we’d love to hear! Also, be sure to join us over on our Facebook page.