Today we will explore the world’s second-smallest continent through facts about Europe coloring pages. These Europe facts will have little kids and adults alike searching for more fun and fascinating facts to learn and color. Use these fun facts coloring pages at home or in the classroom the next time European history is studied.
FREE PRINTABLE Facts about Europe COLORING PAGES
Europe is a continent full of interesting facts! First, Denmark is the oldest monarchy in Europe, and the largest countries are Russia, Ukraine, and France with the largest country being Russia. Mentioning France, french fries originated in Northern Europe in Belgium. Click the green button to download our facts about Europe coloring pages now:
Europe has the world’s smallest country- Vatican City, home to the largest church in the world-St. Peter’s Basilica; the world’s largest country, Russia; royal families; the third longest coastline in the world in Norway; and more than 12 transcontinental countries-more or less depending on how borders are defined.
Facts about Europe FOR KIDS
- Europe is a continent located entirely in the Northern Hemisphere and mostly in the Eastern Hemisphere.
- There are 44 European countries with a total land area of 10.18 million square km (3.93 million square miles), making it the second smallest continent.
- The European continent is home to 171 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Vatican City, Big Ben in the United Kingdom, and La Sagrada Familia in Spain.
- The smallest country in the world is Vatican City, with a landmass of just 0.19 square miles, while the largest county is France at 213,011 square miles.
- The most visited attraction in Europe is the Eiffel Tower, in Paris, France.
- Officially, there are 24 European languages, while as many as 200 different languages are spoken across the continent. You can find Germanic languages, Romance languages, Slavic languages, and more.
- Mont Blanc in France is a famous landmark and the highest mountain in the continent of Europe.
- The most densely populated country in Europe is Monaco, with a population density of 68,212 people per sq mi.
- Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is the longest town name, found in Wales, Great Britain.
- The oldest zoo in the world is Tiergarten Schöbrunn, which opened in 1752 in Vienna, Austria, and you can still visit it today.
- There’s not a single currency; there are 29 currencies currently used across the continent.
- The most common language in Europe is German, followed by French, Turkish, and Italian.
This article contains affiliate links.
DOWNLOAD & PRINT FREE Facts about Europe COLORING PAGES PDF FILES HERE
This coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with facts about Europe that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
RECOMMENDED SUPPLIES FOR BEE COLORING SHEETS
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- The facts about Europe coloring pages template pdf — see button above to download & print.
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Enjoy our Japan facts coloring pages.
- Here are fun facts about the earth’s atmosphere!
- These Mount Rushmore facts coloring pages are so much fun!
- These fun dolphin facts coloring pages are the cutest ever.
- Welcome spring with these 10 fun Easter facts coloring pages!
- Do you live on the coast? You’ll want these hurricane facts coloring pages!
- Grab these fun facts about China for kids!
- Don’t miss out on these fun pizza facts coloring pages!
- You’ll love these Australia fun facts coloring pages!
What are your favorite facts about Europe?