I absolutely love these easy printable Christmas thank you cards for kids. Writing Christmas thank you notes after receiving a holiday gift can be an overwhelming task for kids, but it is such an important skill and gratitude activity. These simple fill-in-the blank printable Christmas thank you cards that double as coloring pages makes writing thank you notes quick, easy and fun!
Printable Christmas Thank You Cards for Kids
These printable fill-in-the-blank thank you cards are perfect for post-holiday gratitude and solved the issue I had in my house that my kids didn’t want to write thank you notes for Christmas presents! Click pink button to quickly download:
Related: More Christmas printables
We all want to raise children who display gratitude. Regularly expressing thanks can help kids learn that other people are spending time and energy on their behalf. Enter Christmas gift thank you notes!
Fill in the Blank Thank You Cards you Can Print
But let’s be honest. Writing thank you cards can sometimes be time consuming and difficult. “Encouraging” your children to write thank you notes can be even more so!
Related: Christmas coloring pages
These printable Christmas thank you cards are super cute and will teach your kids to be thankful and thoughtful to others around them.
Included in this Free Thank You Cards Printable Set:
- 1 Thank You snowman printable card with a snow flurry border and bows on 2 corners.
- 1 Peppermint Thank You printable card with stripes and 2 bows on the corners.
- 1 Reindeer Thank You printable card with a plaid border and bows in the corners.
Download & Print Thank You Printable Cards pdf File Here
How to Write a Thank You Note for Kids
Thank you notes have five parts and follow the basic structure of a friendly letter.
1. Thank You Note Heading
For most thank you notes and friendly letters, the heading is the date. If you want to get a little fancier, you can also include your return address above the date.
2. Thank You Note Greeting
This is the “Dear _____,” portion of the letter. Feel free to get creative it you are related to the recipient!
3. Body of Your Thank You Note
For thank you note purposes, this can be broken down to three simple topics: what you received, how you are going to use it, and a general happy statement of summary. For younger kids, eliminate the summary statement like we did on the printable fill-in-the-blank thank you notes. Older kids can expand those areas with an additional sentence or short story about the topic.
4. Thank You Note Closing
This is a short, capitalized expression like: Love, Sincerely, Thanks, etc.
5. Your Signature
Sign it and you are done!
Family Thank You Notes
One year, our family threw the basic structure of thank you notes out the window and instead sent a photo thank you card from the whole family.
In the end, it took a little more time, but I love that the kids really got excited about the project. Hopefully the recipients realized how much we appreciated their gifts!
More Christmas Printables from Kids aCtivities Blog
- Download & print this cheery Christmas tree coloring page for kids.
- This Santa preschool coloring page has simple lines and is fun to color or paint.
- Have fun with this snow globe coloring page.
- These Christmas coloring pages also celebrate the month of December.
- You don’t need a fireplace for these stocking coloring pages.
- These ornament coloring pages can be cut out and hung on the tree.
- A full wreath hung on your front door is part of this set of Merry Christmas coloring pages.
- Color or paint these easy Christmas coloring pages filled with images of presents.
- Nightmare Before Christmas coloring pages are so fanciful!
- Nutcracker coloring pages!
- And don’t feel left out! We have these Christmas coloring pages for adults and they were designed with you in mind.
- Christmas Printables – the most adorable cookie baking set…in paper!
- Printable Gift Tags for Kids to Color
Which of the Christmas thank you cards was your child’s favorite? Did the fill in the blank thank you cars for kids make writing thank you notes easier this holiday?