It is never too early to start making art! Today we have our favorite infant art activities that work well as baby’s first art project or as an easy art idea for toddlers, preschoolers and Kindergartners. These art ideas for young children are easy to set up and can be used at home, church, daycare or in the classroom.
Best Fun Art Projects For Little Fingers
If you are looking for an easy art activity that will promote creative expression in your younger kids’ little minds, you’re in the right place. These fun little artist ideas are a great way to help our children with their fine motor skills, gross motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and more, all through a complete sensory experience.
We love using these infant art ideas with toddlers because they are easy enough for their little hands. You can always add complexity to the project when using with older children. So, grab your art materials, your little artist, and get ready to create awesome infant arts & crafts.
1. Easy Toddler-Safe Cloud Dough Recipe is Sensory Fun
Let’s make a super easy 2 ingredient cloud dough recipe that is perfect for use in sensory bins or as sensory play.
2. Fascinating Finger Plays
All you need is your own hand and your baby’s hand for this activity! Just a wiggle and a wave will capture their attention. This is perfect for full sensory activity. From Little Moments to Embrace.
3. Baby’s First Finger Painting
This is such a fun way to introduce different textures to your baby – just get a plain white piece of construction paper and a veggie or fruit puree in a zip lock bag. From No Time for Flash Cards.
4. Baby Bubble Wrap Art
Kids can make art — no matter how young they are! This bubble wrap art activity only uses a piece of bubble wrap, paint, and thick strong tape on the high chair. From Arty Crafty Kids.
5. Create Art For Your Decor With Your Baby
Try this art activity with your toddler – it’s not only so much fun, but also provides a sensory experience and makes some cute baby art. From At Home With Ashley.
6. Lilly’s First Painting Experience
A very lovely and easy activity that only requires non-toxic paint, canvases, and cling wrap. From Adore Cherish Love.
7. DIY Sensory Abstract Artwork – So Easy A Baby Can Do It!
This painting activity is a great weekend activity and allows for your baby to explore the senses of sight, touch, sound, and smell. From A Daily Dose of Mom.
8. Neon Taste Safe Finger Paint Baby Activity
Kids will have so much fun color mixing and drawing with these taste-safe neon paints, which are perfect for babies and toddlers. From I Heart Arts and Crafts.
9. Shake It Up! No Mess Painting Activity for Preschoolers
This art idea from Sunny Day Family is no mess, which is awesome for us parents, and kids love it because they can shake, wiggle, and make noise too!
10. Taste Safe Ice Painting – A Fun Painting Idea For Toddlers
Little children will love the sensory experience of touching and investigating freezing and melting. From Messy Little Monster.
11. Marble Painting For Baby and Older Kids
Marble painting is super easy to set up and is great to teach kids simple mixing color theory. Plus, they’ll enjoy rolling the marbles for hours! From Happy Whimsical Hearts.
12. Tummy Time Finger Painting Sensory Play
With a bit of creativity and some simple supplies, you can make Tummy Time fun for your little one! From Can Do Kiddo.
13. Baby’s First Steps Footprint Art
It’s so fun to see what kind of footprint art appears as your baby walks down on the huge canvas! From Hello Wonderful.
14. Baby’s First Mess Free Painting
Set up this easy shoebox cardboard easel to make baby’s first mess free painting and give it as a present for a special occasion such as Mother’s Day or just keep it as a keepsake. From Hello Wonderful.
15. Rain Painting with Water: Easy Spring Activity
Rain Painting with Water is a fun and mess free painting activity for toddlers and preschoolers. It’s a fun spring activity and makes the perfect set up for a rainy day. From Happy Toddler Playtime.
16. Mess Free Easter Egg Painting
Let your baby or toddler enjoy mess free painting with plastic Easter eggs in this super simple craft. A fun activity at Easter or anytime of year! From Happy Toddler Playtime.
17. Mess Free Snowman Painting
Painting in a bag is a great idea if you want your little one(s) to have the sensory experience of painting but don’t want the mess. From Happy Toddler Playtime.
18. Mess Free Christmas Tree Painting
Here is a fun and super easy painting activity that is perfect for babies and toddlers for Winter and the Holiday season. From Happy Toddler Playtime.
19. Mess Free Thanksgiving Art Activity
This Thanksgiving activity is so easy to set up. The best part is that you don’t need to be an artist so don’t worry if your turkeys aren’t perfect! From Happy Toddler Playtime.
20. Mess Free Fall Painting
All you have to do for this activity is draw fall-related objects in a large freezer bag using a black sharpie, then add a few daps of paint into the bag, seal it and tape it to the floor or table. Then watch your kiddo have the time of their lives! From Happy Toddler Playtime.
21. Sponge Painting for Toddlers
Sponge painting is a wonderful way for young children to explore paint, they don’t need to have superior fine motor skills to succeed at making some fun marks on a piece of paper. From No Time For Flash Cards.
22. Spiky Ball Painting
Spiky balls are a fantastic, non-traditional object to paint with, perfect for toddlers and preschoolers! From House of Burke (currently unavailable).
23. Animal Texture Board: Teaching Baby About Animals Through Sensory Play
If your little one loves animals as much as we do, then this is a wonderful way to learn about them – with an entire surface animal texture board. From House of Burke (currently unavailable).
24. Sensory Baby Play: Exploring Ice (Sensory Saturday)
This is such a simple activity: simply put ice cubes in a glass dish and get different colored and different sized cups, a slotted spoon, and that’s it! Your kid will have a full sensory experience. From House of Burke (currently unavailable).
25. Baby-School: Exploring Spiders
Here’s an activity that toddlers can do while on their high chair with a ball of yarn, contact paper, and other fun things. From House of Burke (currently unavailable).
MORE TODDLER ACTIVITIES & FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Get your children ready for these activities for 2 year olds!
- Cool and rainy days call for fun games to play indoors.
- Have some fun with our 140 paper plate crafts for kids!
- These shaving cream activities for toddlers are some of our favorites!
- Check out these pom pom activities for one year olds!
- See this dish towel bib hack from us!
- We have a hack on how to get a baby to sleep without being held!
- Check out these baby games! We have over 30 learning activities for 1 year olds!
- We have a list of 24 playful developmental baby activities!
- You need to see these 1st birthday cake ideas!
- See all of these sensory activities for 1-2 year olds!
Which infant art activity are you going to try first? Which was your favorite?