Looking for some playdough activities? Look no further! These playdough activities are great for kids of all ages whether they’re younger kids or older kids. These playdough activities are not only fun, but make great fine motor skill practice as well as sensory activities. Playdough activities are great for at home or in the classroom.
Playdough Games For Kids
Playdough games are a great way to not only practice fine motor skills, but they also are great sensory activities. Fun and educational! Everyone loves to play with play doh. It is a go-to activity for kids at our house. Play with play doh is a staple of child entertainment, but are your kids wondering what to do? There are so many things that kids can do with the gooey-goodness.
Related: Check out these other playdough ideas.
Best Educational Playdough Activities
1. Playdough Activities Teaching Writing Skills
Use Play dough to help teach your kids. It can be great for developing pre-writing skills.
2. Seasonal Playdough Activities On A Tray
Play dough invitations to play – on trays. This is a great way to split up the play dough if you are having a group kids activity time. The best part is you can make these playdough trays for every season of the year. Make it a game. Who can make the scariest playdough monster for Halloween or who can make the best playdough Santa for Christmas?
3. STEM Activity: Build A Playdough Robot
Learn how play dough can conduct electricity and create a robot! My kids are going to love this if they were just a touch older!! This makes such a great STEM activity as well.
4. Playdough Activities With Shapes
Play with pasta and playdough. Press the pasta into the playdough, remove and try to re-match the pasta into the impression as a mini-puzzle.
5. Play Dough Activities That Explore Colors
Save those bottle caps! They are great play dough accessories. You can mix colors together and make bottle cap biscuits.
6. Playdough Activities That Promote Pretend Play
Playdough Ice cream Set – this would be a terrific DIY gift activity for a little someone in your life.
7. Sensory Playdough Activities
Are you looking for dough that feels like sand (but isn’t???). Sand gets everywhere and I was thrilled when I discovered this easy playdough recipe – it doesn’t ruin my vacuum!!
More Play Dough Activities And Games For Kids
8. Pretend Playdough Birthday Party Activity
Have a playdough birthday party – pretend it is your big day, or throw a party for a treasured stuffed animal or pet.
9. Natural Dyed Blackberry Playdough Activity
Blackberry Playdough – help your kids create with natural dyes!! This dough looks super yummy.
10. Pretend Bakery Playdough Activity
Want to have all the fun of sweets with none of the calories? How about have a pretend bakery with your child… A Chocolate Bakery!
11. Edible Playdough Activity
We love edible games for the kids! One reason I am thrilled to have found Peanut butter playdough – snack while you play! Recipe can be adapted for Almond butter for peanut-free play.
12. Playdough Clothes For Dolls Activity
Give your dolls “play dough clothes”. These are a fun way to play pretend with your child’s toys and play dough.
13. Sprinkle and Glitter Playdough Game
Add sprinkles to the yummy fun! Sprinkles and glitter make everything more fun! We have also used chalk powder as sprinkles to brighten mixed dough.
More Playdough Activities From Kids Activities Blog
- Try out our classic homemade playdough recipe!
- Check out these deliciously edible playdough recipes.
- Speaking of edible playdough, try our peanut butter playdough.
- This galaxy playdough is out of this world!
- This melted ice cream paydoh is so much fun to play with!
- Relax with this therapeutic play dough.
- This homemade chocolate playdough smells amazing!
- This is not your average playdough. It is shiny play doh!
- Why not inspire some creative play with this play doh sea recipe.
- Your kids will love this under the sea playdough!
- You can make this peeps playdough from your leftover candy. It’s my favorite recipe!
- Playing with playdough can be educational as well. Your children can learn how to mix playdough colors to make new colors!
- Cloud dough is actually a little different than playdough in texture.
- Have fun with playdough! You can be a play doh monster maker or make something else with this list of ideas.
- Looking for more educational activities? We have a list of awesome science activities for kids!
- Check out these Koolaid Play Dough!
- You can buy this 2-pound bucket of playdough?!
- Check out these awesome playdough mats.
- Want to learn how to make putty? It’s easy!
- Try out this playdough recipe using flour and conditioner!
Which of these playdough activities and games are you going to try? Do you have suggestions for other playdough activities? Let us know!