This holiday season I want my house to SMELL like Christmas! One of the best things about the holidays is the specific smell in the air. Today we are bringing your 10 smell hacks on How to Bring That Holiday Smell Into Your House!
How To Make Your Home Smell Good For The Holidays
As a mom of three and two furry dogs, keeping the house smelling good is easier said than done. Most of the time I just hope that when we have visitors our home doesn’t smell like boy and dog ha!
Related: How to make your house smell good
So, if you are ready to make your home smell like the holidays, say no more! Whether you have family visiting or the neighbors dropping by a gift, your house is going to smell just like the Christmas (and will probably make everyone want to stay the night). Hacks to Make Your House Smell Amazing For The Holidays
1. Use Fresh Pine Scenticles
If you love the scent of fresh pine without all the mess of pine needles, these scenticles are genius! They smell amazing and can easily be hidden in your fake tree or around your home.
2. Make Christmas Homemade Holiday Potpourri
This Homemade Holiday Potpourri is a natural way to make your entire house smell amazing. Just simmer a few ingredients in a slow cooker or stove top and your entire home will be filled with a lovely aroma.
Nothing beats the sweet holiday home smell of cinnamon sticks, orange slices, and other fresh greenery like rosemary.
3. Fill Your Diffuser Up with Holiday Essential Oil Scents
Diffuse a blend of essential oils in your home and it will smell amazing in just minutes! Our favorite holiday blend is:
- 3 drops of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Clove Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Orange Essential Oil
Using an essential oil diffuser, usually in a solution of water, can help make your home good and have health benefits. Not a fan of cinnamon?
Use a few drops of peppermint instead!
4. Make a Homemade Clove Oranges
Make Clove Oranges and stick them around your home. They smell amazing and look pretty too!
Whole cloves into and orange peel makes a very good smell. One that’s perfect for the holiday season.
5. DIY Cinnamon Scented Pinecones
Make homemade cinnamon scented pinecones and refresh the scent as needed. So much cheaper than store bought pinecones!
Who doesn’t love scented pine cones? I like to stock up on them in the fall so I can use them later to fill my home with the scents of Christmas.
6. Craft Pine Needle Satchel
Make your own Pine Needle Satchel that smells amazing and doubles as a great holiday gift!
Not only do the pine cones smell good (if you use cinnamon scented ones), but the pine needles also smell fresh and good.
7. Make Your Own Aromatic Wax Fire Starters
DIY Aromatic Wax Fire Starters not only smell amazing as they burn but are also a great way to quickly start a fire to keep warm during the winter!
8. Fill the House with the Smell of Baking Christmas Cookies
Baking Christmas Cookies with the family is always a great way to make your home smell INCREDIBLE while also enjoying a sweet treat for the holidays! Here’s a list of 75+ Christmas Cookies you can make!
9. Use Your Favorite Holiday Scented Car Freshener
If you’re not a huge fan of the Christmas air freshener smells, you could also use the aromas of pine. They also make glade ones which smell fresh like dryer sheets.
10. Light a Favorite Holiday Candle
If all else fails, a good, clean burning Christmas Candle will do the trick. My favorite place to get soy candles is on Etsy because they have so many scents, colors and options to choose from!
This is the easiest way to place smells in your homes! From the spicy smell of peppermint to the sweet smells of vanillas, candles really have all the Christmas scents.
I sure these help your home smell just like the holidays all season long!
Easy Way To Keep Your Home SMelling Amazing
- Make your Christmas tree smell amazing and full of holiday scents with this DIY scented ornament. This simple craft project is a great way to get in the holiday spirit and make your home smell good.
- We have even more DIY scented ornaments to make your home smell amazing. Fill them with vanilla bean, cinnamon, whatever Christmas scent is your favorite.
- Keep your home smelling great after you clean! All you need is a spray bottle, your favorite essential oils, and a couple other ingredients.
How are you keeping your house smelling like Christmas? Do you have a scent strategy for the holiday season?