My family loves meatloaf night! I love it even more when I can make Instant Pot meatloaf, because it’s the easiest meatloaf recipe.
Instant Pot Meatloaf Ingredients
Meatloaf is such a classic!
You can tailor this recipe to make it fit the contents of your fridge and pantry.
2 pounds lean ground beef
½ cup bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 ½ pounds baby red potatoes
¾ cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ cup onion, chopped
How Do You Make Meatloaf in an Instant Pot?
I was trying to find ground beef recipes for my Instant Pot (because that little gem makes my life SO much easier). This is hands down the best meatloaf recipe that I have ever made.
It’s a bonus that meatloaf includes just about every food group, so I know my family is getting a nutritious and hearty dinner.
1. Place baby potatoes, chopped onion and chicken broth in the bottom of an Instant Pot.
Sprinkle seasoned salt over the top.
2. Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Form into a loaf
that will fit into your Instant Pot.
3. Using a sheet of foil form a pan to cook the meatloaf.
4. Place the meatloaf on the trivet and add on top of the potatoes.
5. Add meatloaf on top of trivet.
6. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
7. After the 10 minute natural release, manually release any remaining pressure.
8. Remove the lid and move the meatloaf to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10
9. Glaze meatloaf with ketchup and serve with the potatoes.
Can I Freeze Instant Pot Meatloaf?
Yes! You can make this ahead and meal prep your Instant Pot meatloaf for the the week. Just make sure you store it in an airtight container.
Is Meatloaf Gluten Free?
You can easily make gluten free meatloaf! Just use gluten-free breadcrumbs, and double check that your Worcestershire sauce is gluten free, too.
If you are cooking for someone who has a gluten sensitivity, allergy, or Celiac disease, double check all labels, to be sure they are gluten free.
Instant Pot Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
If you’re trying to cut out red meat, try making this recipe with ground turkey, instead! It’s just as delicious and a bit healthier.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 ½ pounds baby red potatoes
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- Place baby potatoes, chopped onion and chicken broth in the bottom of an Instant Pot.Sprinkle seasoned salt over the top.
- Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Form into a loaf that will fit into your Instant Pot.
- Using a sheet of foil form a pan to cook the meatloaf.
- Place the meatloaf on the trivet and add on top of the potatoes.
- Add meatloaf on top of trivet.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
- After the 10 minute natural release, manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and move the meatloaf to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Glaze meatloaf with ketchup and serve with the potatoes.
Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Families
Nothing beats sitting down to a family dinner, but it can be a challenge during the week. These easy dinner ideas will free up your time for what’s really important!
- 3-ingredient dinner recipes are my favorite, because they are quick, and made with ingredients i usually have on hand!
- The Nerd’s Wife’s one-pot chicken taco pasta is an awesome Taco Tuesday meal.
- One-pot meals are huge timesavers! We love these one-pot sausage dinners.
- If you have chicken and a slow cooker, you can make the easiest chicken slow cooker ideas for families!
- Lasagna is one of my go-to’s for an easy meal! I usually cook a second pan of it to freeze.
- My daughter always gets a kick out of empty-your-pantry casserole! She laughs as we find stuff to add to it, and it’s one of the best recipes for when you are about to run out of groceries, too.
Do you have a fun ingredient that you like to add to your meatloaf? Comment below!