I love this instant pot meatloaf recipe. My family loves meatloaf night! I love it even more when I can make Instant Pot meatloaf, because it’s the easiest meatloaf recipe. Skip the meatloaf pan and oven mitts and use your instant pot pressure cooker instead!
How To Make Instant Pot Meatloaf
Meatloaf is such a classic! I feel like it’s one of those easy dinner ideas that you just can’t go wrong with.
Everybody likes it (except for Randy on A Christmas Story), the ingredients are fairly inexpensive, and you can tweak it to fit your tastes and preferences!
This meatloaf recipe always makes me nostalgic for when I was a kid. It was on frequent rotation in my Mom’s kitchen. Yay for comfort food!
Plus, I really like that there isn’t brown sugar on top of the meatloaf. Ketchup is another! Picky eaters will love this easy instant pot meatloaf.
I love great recipes like these! Makes dinner night so much easier. This post contains affiliate links.
This Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe
- Serves: 2-4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients Needed To Make Instant Pot Meatloaf
You can tailor this recipe to make it fit the contents of your fridge and pantry. All of the supplies needed are simple ingredients.
1 cup ketchup
How To You Make Meatloaf in an Instant Pot
I was trying to find ground beef recipes for my Instant Pot (because that little gem makes my life SO much easier). This is hands down the best meatloaf recipe that I have ever made.
It’s a bonus that meatloaf includes just about every food group, so I know my family is getting a nutritious and hearty dinner.
Place baby potatoes, chopped onion and chicken broth in the bottom of an Instant Pot. Sprinkle seasoned salt over the top.
Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix together. Form the meatloaf mixture into a loaf that will fit into your Instant Pot.
Using a sheet of foil form a pan to cook the meatloaf. Putting the meat on a large piece of aluminum foil will help prevent a big mess while you’re cooking this pound meatloaf.
Place the meatloaf on the trivet and add on top of the potatoes that are at the bottom of the instant pot.
Add meatloaf on top of trivet.
Cook the meat mixture on high pressure for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
After the 10 minute natural release, manually release any remaining pressure.
Remove the lid and move the meatloaf to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Glaze meatloaf with ketchup and serve with the potatoes.
If you like it sweet some people combine ketchup and brown sugar or ketchup and salsa for a more savory dinner.
Don’t like it as sweet? Don’t use a full cup ketchup then!
Can I Freeze Instant Pot Meatloaf?
Yes! You can make this ahead and meal prep your Instant Pot meat loaf for the the week. Just make sure you store it in an airtight container and place lid on top.
You can reheat it with some green beans (topped with parmesan cheese) or take a slice or two for meatloaf sandwiches.
If you know you won’t be eating it all very quick wrap it in plastic wrap or freezer paper. I’d let it sit in the freezer for about 30 minutes before wrapping to avoid the ketchup being a mess.
Is Meatloaf Gluten Free?
You can easily make gluten free delicious meatloaf! Just use gluten-free breadcrumbs, and double check that your Worcestershire sauce is gluten free, too.
If you are cooking for someone who has a gluten sensitivity, allergy, or Celiac disease, double check all labels, to be sure they are gluten free.
Don’t worry will still turn out a flavorful meatloaf and delicious!
Instant Pot Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
If you’re trying to cut out red meat, try making this recipe with ground turkey, instead! It’s just as delicious and a bit healthier.
Such a simple recipe and it is still an instant pot meatloaf!
How Do You Make Vegan Meatloaf
There are so many yummy plant-based “ground beef” products at the market right now! They come in a package that looks just like a package of ground beef.
You can use that, in place of the beef in this recipe, and use an egg replacer instead of eggs. Use a vegan chicken broth, or a vegetable broth, instead of the chicken broth listed in this recipe.
It is such a tender meatloaf. This is one of my favorite meat free instant pot recipes.
Instant Pot Meatloaf Alternatives
I love this. You don’t have to dirty a baking pan or meatloaf fan and you can make it your own.
Don’t want to use ground beef? Use other ground meat like ground pork, chicken, or turkey.
Not a fan of boiled potatoes? Make a side of mashed potatoes.
While this is one of my family favorites, not everyone likes ketchup on top. No worries, there are other meatloaf sauces like mushroom gravy or brown gravy.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 ½ pounds baby red potatoes
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- Place baby potatoes, chopped onion and chicken broth in the bottom of an Instant Pot.Sprinkle seasoned salt over the top.
- Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Form into a loaf that will fit into your Instant Pot.
- Using a sheet of foil form a pan to cook the meatloaf.
- Place the meatloaf on the trivet and add on top of the potatoes.
- Add meatloaf on top of trivet.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
- After the 10 minute natural release, manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and move the meatloaf to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Glaze meatloaf with ketchup and serve with the potatoes.
Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Families From Kids Activities Blog:
Nothing beats sitting down to a family dinner, but it can be a challenge during the week. These easy dinner ideas will free up your time for what’s really important!
- 3-ingredient dinner recipes are my favorite, because they are quick, and made with ingredients i usually have on hand!
- The Nerd’s Wife’s one-pot chicken taco pasta is an awesome Taco Tuesday meal.
- One-pot meals are huge timesavers! We love these one-pot sausage dinners.
- If you have chicken and a slow cooker, you can make the easiest chicken slow cooker ideas for families!
- Lasagna is one of my go-to’s for an easy meal! I usually cook a second pan of it to freeze.
- My daughter always gets a kick out of empty-your-pantry casserole! She laughs as we find stuff to add to it, and it’s one of the best recipes for when you are about to run out of groceries, too.
- Convert your slow cooker recipes to your instant pot with this conversion chart!
Do you have a fun ingredient that you like to add to your meatloaf? Comment below!