Walmart Is Offering A Free Virtual Summer Camp. Here’s How Your Kids Can Join The Fun.
With summer looking completely different this year, parents are always on the hunt for things to do with their kids. The usual “I’m bored” comments seem to have magnified as many activities are cancelled or rescheduled.
According to Janey Whiteside, chief customer officer at Walmart, “Summer hasn’t really felt like summer yet, and I know I hear every day, ‘Mom, I’m bored!’”
These ideas has led Walmart to utilize their role in the community to bring summer fun to families, by way of a virtual celebrity studded summer camp online for all guests and parking lot drive-in movies at some of its stores.
Camp By Walmart will begin July 8th, with 50 activities available on their app, and hosted by Drew Barrymore, Neil Patrick Harris, LeBron James, Idina Menzel and Todd Oldham. 200 activities will roll out throughout the summer.
Starting July 8, families can access 50 Camp by Walmart activities for free by visiting the Walmart app. Celebrity and expert-led camp sessions will roll out across the summer, including:
- “The Great Family Challenge,” which features various family-bonding activities, including actress Drew Barrymore taking campers through a make-up tutorial and basketball star LeBron James leading participants through mental and physical activities with help from his I PROMISE School educators
- A morning kick-off with Head Camp Counselor, actor Neil Patrick Harris, who sends families through one of 14 camp challenges, from “Neil’s Charades” to musical Mad Libs
- “Skills Camp” is a talent show which features experts teaching new skills, like singer and actress Idina Menzel, who showcases her singing skills to campers
- And, designer Todd Oldham reimagines “Smarts and Crafts,” which teaches campers about creativity through the lens of arts, crafts and fashion
Camp by Walmart is hosted by Head Camp Counselor, Neil Patrick Harris, who will host the morning kickoff with camp challenges, from “Neil’s Charades” to musical Mad Libs.
Designer Todd Oldham hosts crafts and creativity classes, Idina Menzel helps with singing activities, LeBron James with physical and mental games, and more. It’s a great chance to have some family fun and enjoy your favorite celebrities as hosts.
As well, Walmart is also getting set to turn 160 of its store parking lots into contact-free drive-in movie theaters. Movies will begin in August and run through October, but locations have yet to be released. We’re definitely hoping it will be at a Walmart near us.
YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE THESE ACTIVITIES:
- Play these 50 science games for kids
- Coloring is fun! Especially with Easter coloring pages.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- A dozen moms shared how they are keeping sane with a schedule for school at home.
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Take your mind off dinner and use these easy dinner ideas.
- Try these fun edible playdough recipes!
- Make this homemade bubble solution.
- Your kids will think these pranks for kids are hilarious.
- My kids love these active indoor games.
- These fun crafts for kids could turn your day around in 5 minutes!