While in-person theater and drama classes are currently on hold, many local theaters and production companies are putting classes online to provide students with a unique experience.
Now Disney’s The Lion King on Broadway is joining in, and offering The Lion King Experience for free online.
Typically, this program is used for schools that are performing either The Lion King Kids Edition (elementary school) or The Lion King Junior (middle school) at their schools and includes lesson plans that fit in with classroom curriculum. Lessons options include Acting, Design, Music, Playwriting, Choreography, and more.
Disney has added new curriculum options, available for free for parents to use at home with their children. The new online choices allow parents to use The Lion King Experience video clips and lesson plans, already adapted for at-home learning versus a classroom.
Each lesson is introduced in a video clip by Jelani Remy and Syndee Winters, who starred in The Lion King on Broadway. Each segment is follow by a related project, such as a drawing a birthday card for Simba or creating an original song, mask, or lighting idea. Kids also keep a journal to share their work with others.
Throughout the day on April 27th, Disney on Broadway will also offer live content on its Instagram to celebrate the Lion King and other Disney on Broadway musicals. I am sure this is going to be something kids are going to love!
FOR MORE STUCK AT HOME RESOURCES:
- Join one of your kids’ favorite authors or illustrators for online story time!
- Make a headband with button for mask.
- Travel the world from your couch with this list of 40+ virtual field trips.
- A dozen moms shared how they are keeping sane with a schedule for school at home.
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Print out some Frozen 2 coloring pages.
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are saving my bacon right now — so easy!
- Impress your “students” with fun facts for kids!
- Make a quarantine time capsule.
- Make bread!
- Use this hand washing trick for kids… it’s baby shark time!
- Check out tips for how to homeschool preschool.
- Try these favorite halloween games.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kid summer reading challenge.