Sesame Street is one of those shows that everyone seems to love. I watched it as a kid, I introduced my now 21-year-old son to it as a kid and it’s still airing stronger than ever. Sesame Street is amazing about covering current topics and now they are helping to keep kids entertained during this time of us being stuck at home.
During the first episode of “Snack Chat“, Cookie Monster reminds kids that it’s important to remember to start a snack or meal with clean, recently washed hands. This is especially important information for kids to hear during this time of staying at home and staying healthy.
In the second “Snack Chat” episode that aired this week, Cookie Monster again reminds kids to start of their snack with clean hands and then shows them how to make a yummy, healthy strawberry smoothie.
Snack Chat with Cookie Monster is just one way that Sesame Street is helping kids these days. They have launched the Caring for Each Other initiative, which provides families with resources about how to create new routines that kids will want to follow and how to keep the kids learning at home since they aren’t at school each day.
You can also find free e-books and more through Sesame Street on Apple devices, Google Play, and more.
FOR MORE STUCK AT HOME RESOURCES:
- Join one of your kids’ favorite authors or illustrators for online story time!
- Travel the world from your couch with this list of 40+ virtual field trips.
- A dozen moms shared how they are keeping sane with a schedule for school at home.
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- This gigantic list of subscriptions from education companies will help get your home learning off the ground.
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are saving my bacon right now — so easy!
- Impress your “students” with fun facts for kids!