Get ready for the most brilliant invention EVER – Fever Stickers! Stick a fever sticker on your child’s forehead and you can tell their temperature at any time. You will be able to tell if they have a high temperature WITHOUT waking them up.
Forehead Temperature Stick-On Fever Indicators
Traditional thermometers are bulky, cold and invasive (especially the rectal ones) but do you know what isn’t?
Stickers! <–fever sticker forehead edition 🙂
Kids love stickers. And a cute sticker is a comfort to a child instead of a scary invasive process.
This article includes affiliate links.
Physio Logic Fever Bugz Stick On Fever Indicators
These Physio Logic’s Fever-Bugz Stick on Fever Indicators are an essential addition to your travel bag and first aid kit.
- Each stick-on “thermometer” can monitor your child’s fever for up to 48 hours without disturbing them, especially when they are asleep.
- Readings are accurate within one degree Fahrenheit, making them a great indication of a fever or not.
They come in really cute bug themes which kids love.
Here is one mom’s experience with these fever bugs…you might recognize her!
Reading the Temperature on a Fever Sticker
This is Life’s Lisa Ling shared her experience with these stick-on thermometers on Facebook and it makes us want them even more.
“Put them on your kid’s head when they’re sleeping and the sticker will indicate whether she is feverish or not, you can’t see the little black dots in this pic, but they read 37 (about 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit) and N for normal.”
Where to Buy Stick-On Fever Indicators
Buy your Physio Logic Fever Bugz on Amazon. You can also find them at your local CVS, Walgreens, Walmart or grocery store pharmacy.
We found a few other options that you might consider if you like the idea of using a sticker instead of a traditional thermometer…
1. Cartoon Forehead Temperature Thermometer Strips
This set of Forehead Temperature Thermometer Strips is a little less expensive than the others we found. They are also adhesive stickers that a child can wear up to 48 hours.
This thermometer sticker is also made for one use.
2. Sweetie Stick-On Fever Indicator Liquid Crystal Thermometer Stickers
These Sweetie Stick On Fever Indicator Liquid Crystal Thermometer Patch Strip Stickers for Kids Baby and Adults come in a 6 pack and are reasonably priced as well.
They also are for one use and can be worn up to 48 hours in a row.
Using Fever Stickers with Your Sick Kids
While fever stickers are not meant to be a replacement for a thermometer, they definitely are a great, and affordable, option for travel and for those nights when waking a sick child just seems like the worst idea ever.
What else is a necessity when traveling over the holidays with small children?
We also recommend these 10 Gadgets to Make Traveling with Babies a Breeze.
More Thermometer & Sick Kid Help from Kids Activities Blog
- This is for kids learning to read a traditional thermometer, but it is really easy DIY learning project, how to read a thermometer!
- Make a sick kid survival pack.
- We love these baby bath bombs to help kids breathe better.
- How to entertain a sick kid without screen time.
- How to wash your hands.
- Make sick day play dough!
- DIY sick kit. Need I say more?
- What to do when mom is sick.
- What to do when you get sick while traveling.
- Teach your kids what to do in an emergency.
- How to give medicine to a baby.
- Easy way to get congestion relief.
- Make your own homemade hand sanitizer.
Have you ever used fever stickers? What did you think?