These Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes are ooey, gooey and filled with peanut butter cups, dreamy chocolate and moist cake to make a delectable dessert you won’t be able to get enough of!
Want more delicious cupcake recipes? Check out: Hot Chocolate Cupcakes, Maple Walnut Cupcakes, Rainbow Cupcakes, and Red Velvet Cupcakes.
Now, these cupcakes are super easy to make and they would make a great addition to any fall or Halloween themed party. If someone asks you to bring a side, just say you’ll bring the dessert instead!
You can shop for everything you need to make these in the widget below then make sure you check out the recipe because these are SO GOOD!
Instructions on How to Make these Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes Is Below!
For The Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups
For The Frosting
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
For The Topping
- broken-up peanut butter cups
For The Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350° and place paper baking cups into 24 regular-sized muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, oil, and egg.
- Next, add vanilla extract.
- On a low speed, alternate blending in dry mixture and milk.
- Hand blend in mini peanut butter cups.
- Fill each muffin cup up about 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool thoroughly before frosting.
For The Frosting:
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 15-second bursts, stirring between each one.
- Microwave the sweetened condensed milk in a separate bowl for 5-10 seconds until just warm to the touch, and add it to the chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally, until desired consistency reached. Wait for frosting to reach room temperature before using.
For The Topping:
- Add a few pieces of the broken peanut butter cups to the top of each cupcake.