Smart doorbells are really popular right now, but they can be kind of expensive. So when we discovered how to get a Ring Doorbell for free, we knew we had to share it with you.
How to Get a Free Ring Doorbell
It’s simple! Right now, Ring has a promotion that if you download their Neighbors app, they will give you $10 towards anything they sell.
When you refer someone to the app, they get $10 AND you get a $10 referral. So once you download the Neighbors app, you need to get nine others to download it, and you’ll have $100 to spend on the Ring website. A Ring Doorbell costs $99, so that would make yours free. That’s it.
After you download the app, you have to enter an email, make a password and share your location so it sets it up to YOUR area. The purpose of the app is to help neighbors keep an eye out in their area. It’s actually really cool! The app provides real-time crime and safety alerts within a certain distance from your home.
Once you download the Neighbors app, you will get your own referral link to share with friends and family to receive your credit.
Using Your Credit on Ring
When you’re ready to redeem your Ring referral credit, visit Ring.com and choose the item you want to purchase. Add it to your cart, and when you check out, the referral credit will automatically be applied to your purchase.
When the Amazon Bandits Strike
Ring Doorbell is there to record it all. Even if you get creative with unusual things to mail. A teenage boy was videoed stealing an Amazon package from this house. The package contained…two pairs of girls white dance tights. The family said they laughed about how disappointed he must have been when he opened the box.
This little guy put that stuff to work. You can see him here pillaging a neighbor’s house a little later…wearing a pair of white, girls dance tights on his head! That’s them streaming on the wind as he runs!
Ring Doorbell — Is It Free?
You may be wondering, is the ring doorbell is free to use? Ring devices operate without an additional fee or subscription. This free service enables you to receive alerts when visitors press your doorbell or trigger the motion sensors. You still get live streaming video and two-way audio, so you can see, hear and speak to guests in real-time, as the event is happening.
But in order to review video after the fact, you’ll need a Ring Video Recording Plan that costs a monthly or yearly subscription fee.
How Much a Month Does Ring Doorbell Video Recording Cost?
The cool thing about Ring Video Recording is that it will save all of your recordings to your Ring account for up to 60 days. You can download the videos or share them via social media, text, or email. The Basic Ring Video Recording plan costs $3 per month or $30 for the year per device. You can upgrade to Ring Doorbell Video Protect for $10 per month or $100 for year — it covers an unlimited amount of Ring cameras, offers a lifetime product warranty and gives you an additional 10% off future purchases at Ring.com.
How Does the Ring Doorbell Work?
Ring Video Doorbell connects to your home Wi-Fi network and sends real-time notifications to your smart phone or tablet when someone is at your door.
You can see an HD Video stream of the person at your door and speak to them using two-way audio communication. Ring Doorbell can alert you when someone presses the button on your doorbell or when motion is detected. Ring Doorbells operate on battery power or hooked up to your home doorbell wiring, depending on the model you purchase.
Get a Free Ring Doorbell
Make sure to download the Neighbors app to start earning credit to get a free Ring Doorbell!
Need More Ways To Update Your Home And Support Your Kids?:
- Help keep your kids safe and healthy with animal face masks for kids.
- Here are ways to help a scared child feel more secure at school.
- Food face masks are a fun way to get your child to wear their mask.
- I entertained my bored toddler while discussing mental health with my older children.
- Be sure you know the rsv warning signs.
- The Aquaduck faucet extender is a great way to help your little one wash their hands.
- We found some bar stools for toddlers to help keep your kids safe in the kitchen.
- Look at these cool kitchen gadgets for mom to make working in the kitchen a little safer and easier.
- How I found out these popular toys could be spying on my son.
- Check out this duct tape luggage tag to help keep your child’s belongings safe while traveling.
- Easy diy baby proofing tips and ideas for your house.
- Do you know if your children are chatting online with strangers?
- Making an internet safety contract can help keep your kids safe online.
- Being the better parent can help your child blossom and grow.
- Here is how ADT safe streets can keep you and your family safe.
- These DIY crafts for mom can help you further upgrade your home.