Turn a fence post into a snowman the same height as your child — see how much they’ve grown each Christmas!
Every Christmas, I love bringing out our decorations and going through the holiday keepsakes we’ve made. It’s so fun to look back at the things your child has created and see how far they’ve come.
This Kid-Sized Snowman Holiday Keepsake is one of my favorites. Every year, you can see just how much your child has grown! We saw this idea first as a classroom parent holiday gift, but I decided to make several for my mom friends this Christmas. They were all so excited to see their little ones as snowmen!
Kid-Sized Snowman Holiday Keepsake
Here’s what you need to make this Kid-Sized Snowman Holiday Keepsake:
- Wooden Fence Post (we found ours at the local hardware store)
- White Paint
- Fuzzy Sock
- Black Paint Pen
- Orange Paint Pen
- Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue Gun
- First, measure your child and cut the fence post to that height. Sand it to smooth out any rough patches and paint it white. You may need to add additional coats to reach the desired coverage.
- Once the paint has dried, place the sock on top of the post for the snowman’s hat. I folded up the bottom to make it look like a beanie. Hot glue it into place.
- Use your paint pens to draw the eyes, nose, and mouth on your snowman.
- Cut a length of felt and tie it on as a scarf. Hot glue it into place and cut fringe along the ends of the scarf.
- Finally, glue the buttons onto the body of the snowman.
For my gifts, I printed out a holiday gift tag with a little poem about the snowmen. It would be perfect for classroom holiday gifts, too!
More Holiday Keepsakes for Kids
Handprint Christmas ornaments are another great keepsake for your children.
This classic handmade keepsake will always be a favorite of parents and grandparents everywhere! And the best part is that children love making them and seeing how much they’ve grown over the years.
Fill ornaments are a great way to create a fun keepsake for your kids.
We have ornaments we made as children that we plan to pass down to our grandchildren one day. There are so many varieties and ways to create them. Lots of fun and a great way to express individuality!
This beautiful Advent calendar is a great keepsake for kids.
It means so much to our children when we take the time to do fun things with them. Why not create this beautiful DIY Advent calendar together and use it for years to come?
What are your favorite Christmas keepsakes for kids? We’d love it if you’d share about them in the comments below! Be sure to join to conversation over on our Facebook page where you’ll learn all about the newest crafts and family fun going on here!