Know When You’re Watching A Disney Movie And A Scene Seems Familiar? [Video]
One of the things we love most about Disney is the timeless feeling we get while watching their animated movies.
It is as if each movie has a way of transporting us back to a time when life was simpler.
As if we return to our own childhood every time we see that hero overcoming that big struggle.
Or watch that princess dancing with her prince.
Part of what gives us that timeless feel, that feeling that we’re being transported, is that the animation actually Has been transported.
When Disney animation first started, all of the frames were hand-drawn. And considering there are 24 frames per second, that was a LOT of drawing!
One of the ways Disney tried to make the process move faster was by recycling old frames.
At the time no one could have anticipated a world where these recycled pieces could have been seen side by side, but now that we’re there, it’s interesting to see how it all worked!
And how Disney accidentally manufactured a slice of nostalgia into everything we watch.
Take a look!
Video of Why Disney Movies Feel Similar
Want to see more great videos?
Have You Ever Wondered How Lego Blocks Are Made?
Horror Movie Daycare Shows That Even Scary Kids Need Love
More Disney Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Has your child called the Disney bedtime hotline?
- I think we all need a Disney Princess Carriage…don’t you?
- Want some hands on fun today? Check out our over 55 Disney crafts!
- What fun if you can’t get to the park right now…grab a ride on Disney virtual rides!
- And wouldn’t we all get a better night’s sleep in Disney pajamas? I thought so.