A healthier lifestyle starts out at home. If you’re looking for ways to improve your overall health by making the right choices in your kitchen, you’ve come to the right place. We are sharing our favorite ways and some great tips for getting healthy by cooking with essential oils.
(This blog post contains affiliate links – we may receive a small commission for no extra cost for you)
BENEFITS OF ESSENTIAL OILS FOR COOKING
Today we are learning how to use different essential oils for cooking and what are their health benefits. Our favorite essential oils are Young Living essential oils as they have the perfect combination of essential oils and are made with high quality ingredients. Plus, they last for a long time. There are many ways to use oils on a daily basis, for example, you can get better sleep by making your own diffusers with lavender oil, or adding some drops of lemon essential oil to your pillow to get in a good mood.
Whatever it is you need, there are probably a few Young Living oils that are perfect to fulfill your needs, like making your home smell like fresh air without toxic chemicals or supporting your immune system. However, it’s important to contact your medical doctor if you’re taking any other medicine or you feel adverse reactions.
Without further ado, here are our favorite recipes to use different oils for cooking.
Essential Oil Recipes
- A great way to use essential oils is by adding flavor to your food! In order to stay on track with a healthy diet, it’s important to make sure your recipes are low in calories and dense in flavor. For example, you might try adding a drop rosemary oil or thyme essential oils to liven up roasted vegetables.
- Help stabilize your mood after a long day with a great oil, lavender essential oil. Although it may sound like an odd ingredient to include in your meals, there’s a good reason: lavender oil can help reduce anxiety, fight insomnia, and alleviate depression. The floral flavor of lavender essential oil makes a great addition to pound cake, cookies, and even salmon!
- Boost your immunity with lemon! Citrus oils, especially lemon essential oil, can also aid in digestion and have been long believed to speed up the metabolism to make you lose more weight. You can use lemon juice to make homemade salad dressings or use lemon essential oil to make delicious lemon pepper chicken!
- Keep your ailments in check with some drops peppermint. Not only will it help keep your digestive system in check, but peppermint vitality is also an effective way to ward away nausea and headaches. Peppermint essential oil can make a great addition to smoothies, dessert recipes, and homemade iced coffee.
- Manage digestive problems with ginger. If you suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome or indigestion, ginger can play a key role in your cooking. Ginger essential oil can make a great addition to homemade stir fries, marinades, cookies, and pumpkin spice desserts or beverages.
- Reduce arthritis pain with dill! Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, dill is thought to help a number of autoimmune diseases. You can use fresh dill or dill essential oil with specific recipes like potato salad, bread, fish recipes, and more.
- Get rid of water retention with basil! If you’re feeling bloated, basil just might be your answer. Not only can it help regulate the digestive system, but a drop basil may even get rid of intestinal parasites. You can include basil essential oil in homemade salad dressings, hummus recipes, and pasta dishes.
- Take advantage of the Vitamin C in oranges! You can boost your immunity and keep colds and cases of flu at bay. One way to do this is by cooking with oranges! Although you can use fresh oranges, orange essential oil can make a great addition to most desserts, Asian recipes, and smoothies! In fact, orange with some drops lemon essential oil is a perfect blend.
- Use cinnamon to get rid of those pesky UTIs. Not only can it help treat or ward off this problem, but cinnamon is also thought to help reduce inflammation and regulate blood sugar. You can use ground cinnamon or a drop cinnamon essential oil in homemade pancakes or waffles, muffins, bread, pumpkin pie, and other sweet DIY recipes!
- Help manage your weight with grapefruit! Grapefruit has been linked to increased metabolism, which can make it an ideal option for those who are trying to shed some pounds. Grapefruit essential oil can be added to smoothies, desserts, bread, chicken recipes, and more! (Be sure to check with your doctor first if you’re taking any medications).
These are just 10 ways to cook your way to better health! Incorporating these foods in your diet can benefit your entire body.
Want more essential oil tips? Try these ideas:
- Let’s learn how much water to dilute essential oils for kids.
- This essential oil body spray recipe is so easy to make and there are so many fun combinations to try.
- These are the best essential oils for bathroom smells and cleaning tips.
- Did you know you can use essential oils for ailments?
What was your favorite essential oil recipe? Did we miss any important tip?