These Simple Spring and Summer Activities for kids will keep everyone busy and having fun this summer!
We have some time on our hands before the kids head back to school and everyone is looking for ideas, so we are here to share our favorite activities for kids!
You can easily find fun things to do with your kids that require very little planning and are a whole lot of fun. We’ve found that sometimes the most simple games and activities are the ones that are the most fun: think Hide & Seek. Kids love simple ideas. So do we!
Here are some so-simple summer activities for kids:
- Put together a family bucket list. This can be a fun way to add in some fun activities.
- Keep a list of inside activity ideas on hand for rainy days.
- Commit to a regular play date at the park with friends. Decide that every Tuesday at 9am you will meet at a specific park. Having a regular outing on the calendar can be very helpful.
- Do one fun out-of-the-box activity a day- whether it is at home or out of the home. We love doing scavenger hunts! This nature hunt is so much fun!
- Come up with a basic schedule. Even though we love the days of hanging out at home, keeping a schedule with meal times and bedtimes can help create a sense of normalcy. The worst way to start a day is without a plan… it causes stress for everyone involved.
Even if you want to have a down-day… plan it.
- Have fun with a theme for each day such as Make It Monday, Take a Trip Tuesday, etc.
- Research parks in your town and make a checklist of them so you can visit them all during the summer. You can easily turn this into a lesson for the kids. Have them each research an area (with your help) and create mini-reports or projects from each place that you go.
- Join a virtual reading club or program. Most libraries have one and they are a fun way for kids to get excited about reading!
- Take a Virtual Field Trip on those hot or rainy days!
- Create regular quiet time for your kids to rest each day while you have a little time to yourself.
- Stock up on basic art supplies for the kids to have fun creating together.
What tips would you add? Find more helpful tips on our Facebook page... where we share our favorite things and you share yours!