Play Ball! Are you ready for a little baseball? Prepare for the season with something for everyone and these 5 Best Ballpark Food Ideas for Kids!
5 Best Ballpark Food Ideas for Kids
This post contains affiliate links.
The Best Ballpark Food Idea for Kids: Portable Frito Pie!
- Ground beef seasoned with pre-made Taco Seasoning or Burnt Macaroni‘s Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 serving size bags of Fritos
- Pinto Beans
- Toppings: Tomatoes, Lettuce, Salsa, Guacamole, Shredded Cheese, and Tomatillo Sauce
My favorite thing about ballpark foods is that they are so easy to make and carry. These Portable Frito Pies are also perfect for watching the big game!
Chili Dogs Are a Yummy Ballpark Food Idea for Kids
- 1 lb. Ground Beef, browned
- An Onion, chopped
- Hot Dog Buns
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- Onions, chopped for topping
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- An 8 oz. can of Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- Hot Dogs
- First, in a large saucepan, cook ground beef and onion together. Then, season with salt and pepper.
- Once the meat and onions are cooked through, add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce, and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until the chili sauce thickens up.
- Then, prepare hot dogs and add to buns.
- Pour chili sauce over the hot dogs, and then sprinkle with chopped raw onions.
This Chili Dog recipe from Kitchen Dreaming is amazing!
Homemade Cheese Nachos
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- 8 oz. of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Tortilla Chips
- Jalapenos, for topping (optional)
- Start by melting butter in a skillet. Then, add flour, and whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Next, add the milk and continue whisking. Once the milk is combined, bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until it thickens.
- Add the cayenne pepper and salt, and combine.
- Gently stir in the cheese until it melts.
- Once the cheese is melted all the way through, pour over nachos.
- 4 Medium Potatoes
- Bacon Bits
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°.
- Then after poking several holes in the potato with a fork, put the potatoes in the microwave for 8 minutes on each side.
- Cut the potatoes in half, and scoop out the inside of the potato.
- Next, put the potatoes upside down on a cookie sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and flip over.
- Then, fill with grated cheese and put back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle bacon bits on top. Serve with sour cream and green onions.
Nothing Says “Ballpark Food Idea for Kids” Like Mini Hotdogs!
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- A can of Crescent Rolls
- Mini hotdogs
- 1 Tablespoon water
- An Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream, warm
Another great option for any game day are Mini Hotdogs. These are my favorite!
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
One of our favorite parts of cooking, is playing with new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our must-have items, which would also make wonderful holiday gifts for the foodies on your list!
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Baseball Crafts and Recipes
- 15 Things Every Baseball Mom Needs
- 5 Game Day Snack Ideas for the Family
- Baseball Mom Hacks
- 5 Food on a Stick Recipes for Kids
- 25 Ideas to Win at Being a Sports Mom
- 5 Snacks That Take You to a Baseball Game!
Is your family a baseball family? Comment below!