It’s almost that time! Nothing is more soothing on a crisp fall day than these 5 Cold Weather Recipes to Warm Your Heart!
Easy Cold-Weather Recipes for Dinner
From soups to stews to casseroles, these comforting recipes will leave you feeling warm and satisfied.
These cold-weather recipes are easy to make, filling, and nourishing. Best of all, they have warm, delicious flavors to keep you happy all night long.
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Homemade Tomato Soup Cold Weather Recipe
This Homemade Tomato Soup recipe may become my new favorite. This was adapted from a recipe created by Dinner with Tiffani. She used Plum tomatoes, so either will work.
Ingredients Needed To Make Tomato Soup:
- 15 Roma Tomatoes, cut in half with seeds removed
- Olive Oil (1/4 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons)
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 6 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Basil, chopped
- Kosher Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
One recipe sure to warm your heart is Burnt Macaroni’s Homemade Tomato Soup! It’s perfect for a cold day or any time of year.
2. French Onion Soup
French onion soup is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with cheese floating on top.
Ingredients Needed To Make French Onion Soup:
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Onions, sliced
- 4 Pieces of star anise
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 32 oz. Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Baguette, sliced
- Gruyere cheese, shredded
Head on over to Tastemade for this easy and delicious recipe.
3. Mark’s Homemade Chili Recipe
This recipe makes just the right amount of chili to keep for the winter months. Freeze any remaining chili and put it in the microwave when you are ready to enjoy.
Ingredients To Make Mark’s Homemade Chili:
- 3 lbs. Ground Meat (beef or turkey)
- 1/3 cup Chili Powder
- A whole White Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Black Pepper
- 2-32 oz. bottle Tomato Juice (64 oz. Total)
- 1/8 cup Garlic Powder
- 4 cans Kidney Beans all beans 15 ounce cans
- 2 cans Pinto Beans
- 2 cans Black Beans
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes
- 4 cans Tomato Sauce
- More Tomato Juice as needed
- Shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
There is something so comforting about a big bowl of chili! This recipe for Mark’s Homemade Chili, from Burnt Macaroni, is a home run for a chilly fall day!
4. Black Bean Soup Recipe
Black beans are my favorite beans and I especially love them in this Easy Black Bean Soup. It is filled with healthy ingredients and seasoned to perfection. And the best part? This recipe is made with everyday basic ingredients, that I bet you already have on hand.
Ingredients Needed To Make Black Bean Soup:
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped or shredded Carrots
- 1 Red Bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 15 oz. Can Sweet Corn, drained and rinsed
- 3 15 oz. Cans Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- Bay Leaf
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Serve with cheese, avocados, and pico de gallo
How To Make Black Bean Soup:
- Add all of the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until all the veggies are tender. Remove the bay leaf.
- Serve with cheese, avocados, and pico de gallo.
5. Beef Stew Recipe
When the weather takes a dip, there is only one recipe I reach for. It’s this Beef Stew recipe. This dish is the ultimate cold-weather meal. It’s easy to make and a delicious option for dinner tonight.
Ingredients Needed To Make Beef Stew:
- Olive Oil for searing
- 2 pounds Beef Chuck cut into 2-inch cubes
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 medium Onions cut into 6ths
- 5 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 10 cups Beef Broth low-sodium
- 6 sprigs Parsley
- 6 sprigs Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 5 medium Red Potatoes quartered
- 3 medium Carrots cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Celery Stalks cut into 2-inch pieces
- 7 canned Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons Red Wine Vinegar
Have these Beef Stew recipes of Burnt Macaroni! It’s so hearty, your family will love it!
More cold weather soup Recipes Your Family Will Love
- Warm up with this easy and delicious chicken tortilla soup crock pot recipe.
- These crockpot soup recipes are great for anyone who is constantly on the go!
- Everyone loves chicken noodle soup, but you’ll love this creamy turkey noodle soup too.
- This copycat recipe is like the real thing! Try this Chili’s chicken enchilada soup recipe. It’s so good!
- Want something heartier? This super easy potato soup really hits the spot on a chilly day.
- Don’t let a busy schedule keep you from having a family dinner with these crockpot dinners.
- You’ll love these make ahead meals for busy moms.
So which cold-weather recipe are you going to make tonight? Let us know in the comments how it goes!