It’s almost that time! Nothing is more soothing on a crisp fall day, than these 5 Cold Weather Recipes to Warm Your Heart!
5 Cold Weather Recipes for Dinner
This post contains affiliate links.
Homemade Tomato Soup Cold Weather Recipe
- 15 Roma Tomatoes, cut in half with seeds removed
- Olive Oil (1/4 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons)
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 6 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Basil, chopped
- Kosher Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
One recipe sure to warm your heart is Burnt Macaroni‘s Homemade Tomato Soup! It’s perfect for a cold day, or any time of year.
French Onion Soup
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Onions, sliced
- 4 Pieces of star anise
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 32 oz. Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Baguette, sliced
- Gruyere cheese, shredded
Head on over to Tastemade for this easy and delicious recipe.
Mark’s Homemade Chili is THE Cold Weather Recipe
- 3 lbs. Ground Meat (beef or turkey)
- 1/3 cup Chili Powder
- A whole White Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Black Pepper
- 2-32 oz. bottle Tomato Juice (64 oz. Total)
- 1/8 cup Garlic Powder
- 4 cans Kidney Beans all beans 15 ounce cans
- 2 cans Pinto Beans
- 2 cans Black Beans
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes
- 4 cans Tomato Sauce
- More Tomato Juice as needed
- Shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
There is something so comforting about a big bowl of chili! This recipe for Mark’s Homemade Chili, from Burnt Macaroni, is a home run for a chilly fall day!
Black Bean Soup Cold Weather Recipe
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped or shredded Carrots
- 1 Red Bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 15 oz. Can Sweet Corn, drained and rinsed
- 3 15 oz. Cans Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- Bay Leaf
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Serve with cheese, avocados, and pico de gallo
- Add all of the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until all the veggies are tender. Remove the bay leaf.
- Serve with cheese, avocados, and pico de gallo.
Another perfect dish for cold weather is this Beef Stew, from Burnt Macaroni! It’s so hearty–your family will love it!
Cold Weather Cooking Tips
Is it just me, or are the chillier months also the busiest?! All I want to do is kick back with a steaming bowl of chili or soup, and relax with my candles and family–but there’s back to school craziness, and the holidays to contend with! Getting back into the swing of things for the school year takes up most of my family’s time and energy, with homework and extra-curriculars. I have found some time-saving cold weather cooking tips that I have to share!
I generally grocery shop and meal prep, within the same weekend day, so that our meals are planned and on track for the week. Try making freezer meals, or prepping ingredients for the different stews or soups you might want to make, and then set them in a storage container or baggie in your fridge. That way, you can just pour it all into the slow cooker before you leave for work or school drop off! Nothing beats coming home fro ma busy day, and being greeted by the savory smells wafting from a crockpot! (Just don’t forget to plug it in and turn it on–can you tell I have made that mistake before?).
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
The only thing we love more than trying a new recipe is playing with new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our favorites:
More Recipes Your Family Will Love:
- Warm up with this easy and delicious chicken tortilla soup crock pot recipe.
- These crockpot soup recipes are great for anyone who is constantly on the go!
- Everyone loves chicken noodle soup, but you’ll love this creamy turkey noodle soup too.
- This copycat recipe is like the real thing! Try this Chili’s chicken enchilada soup recipe. It’s so good!
- Want something heartier? This super easy potato soup really hits the spot on a chilly day.
- Don’t let a busy schedule keep you from having a family dinner with these crockpot dinners.
- You’ll love these make ahead meals for busy moms.
- Stay warm this winter with 25 best chili recipes.
- Want more chili? Try this navy bean chicken chili.
- Make chili more kid friendly with this chili pasta.
- Sometimes you need something heartier than soup. Try this Irish stew recipe slow cooker.
- Spice things up with this Mexican tater tot casserole that you’re entire family will love.
- Use up what is in your pantry with these 3 ingredient recipes.
- These back to school dinner ideas are quick and easy. Perfect for a afternoon.
- Need more ideas, these fast family dinners recipes are perfect in a pinch.
- Need a break from cooking and everything? Relax and have some you time with these zentangle coloring sheets.
What is your family’s favorite dish on a cold day? Comment below!