It’s almost that time! Nothing is more soothing on a crisp fall day, than these 5 Cold Weather Recipes to Warm Your Heart!
5 Cold Weather Recipes for Dinner
This post contains affiliate links.
Homemade Tomato Soup
One recipe sure to warm your heart is Burnt Macaroni’s Homemade Tomato Soup! It’s perfect for a cold day, or any time of year.
French Onion Soup
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoon Butter
- 3 Onions, sliced
- 4 Pieces of star anise
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 32 oz. Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Baguette, sliced
- Gruyere cheese, shredded
Head on over to Tastemade for this easy and delicious recipe.
Mark’s Homemade Chili
There is something so comforting about a big bowl of chili! This recipe for Mark’s Homemade Chili, from Burnt Macaroni, is a home run for a chilly fall day!
Black Bean Soup
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped or shredded Carrots
- 1 Red Bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 15 oz. Can Sweet Corn, drained and rinsed
- 3 15 oz. Cans Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- Bay leaf
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Serve with cheese, avocados, and pico de gallo
- Add all of the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until all the veggies are tender. Remove the bay leaf.
- Serve with cheese, avocados, and pico de gallo.
Another perfect dish for cold weather is this Beef Stew, from Burnt Macaroni! It’s so hearty–your family will love it!
Cold Weather Cooking Tips
Is it just me, or are the chillier months also the busiest?! All I want to do is kick back with a steaming bowl of chili or soup, and relax with my candles and family–but there’s back to school craziness, and the holidays to contend with! Getting back into the swing of things for the school year takes up most of my family’s time and energy, with homework and extracurriculars. I have found some time-saving cold weather cooking tips that I have to share!
I generally grocery shop and meal prep, within the same weekend day, so that our meals are planned and on track for the week. Try making freezer meals, or prepping ingredients for the different stews or soups you might want to make, and then set them in a storage container or baggie in your fridge. That way, you can just pour it all into the slow cooker before you leave for work or school drop off! Nothing beats coming home fro ma busy day, and being greeted by the savory smells wafting from a crockpot! (Just don’t forget to plug it in and turn it on–can you tell I have made that mistake before?).
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
The only thing we love more than trying a new recipe is playing with new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our favorites:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Taco Holder
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
Fall Crafts and Recipes
Fall is one of my favorite crafting and cooking seasons!
- 15 Fantastic Fall Playdough Recipes
- Ways to Make Your House Feel Like Fall Right Now
- 50+ Pumpkin Recipes to Make This Fall
- 16 Fall Nature Crafts for Preschoolers
What is your family’s favorite dish on a cold day? Comment below!