Family gardening is a fun way for the whole family to get outside and enjoy a hobby together. There are many different types of gardening to choose from. Maybe plant some vegetables to harvest or plant your favorite fragrant flower. No matter what you decide to plant, get out, get dirty and have fun.
Today we’re rounding up some family gardening ideas from the posts linked to our It’s Playtime! meme. Your kids will be so excited when the first bud begins to bloom and they see the fruits of their labor.
7 Fun Family Gardening Projects
1. Here is a list of five tips for gardening with young kids. You want to make sure to choose something that produces quickly like a radish or salad greens.
2. Incorporate math with your gardening and they’ll never know they’re learning. How many seeds do we need? How many pounds of dirt do we need? This post has lots of good ideas for learning math while you garden.
3. A fairy garden is such a fun activity for kids. Upcycle some things from around the house to create a lovely little pretend garden for fairies to visit.
4. Here is another fun fairy garden idea to try. Plant grass and flowers and even add a fairy swimming pool
5. Make a potted garden as a gift with this flower kit idea. Let your child paint the flower pots then add baggies full of rocks, seeds and dirt.
6. Dig into reading with these fun family gardening ideas based on children’s books. Some ideas are The Curious Garden and Are You A Snail?
7. If an outdoor garden doesn’t suit you, try staying indoors and making a mushroom garden. This one is fun and tasty.
Do you have some kids activities to share with us? Link them up this afternoon, right here on Kids Activities Blog.