Pita bread is a summer staple in my house! Try these 5 Pita Bread Recipes for Summer for the best summer meals that are both light and filling!
5 Pita Bread Recipes for Summer
This post contains affiliate links.
Creamy Avocado Hummus with Pita Bread
- 2 Avocados
- 1 can Chick Peas 15 oz
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Cumin
- Cilantro, chopped
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Tortilla Chips
This Creamy Avocado Hummus recipe from Burnt Macaroni will change your life–if you like hummus, that is! It’s a wonderful take on a classic recipe that is perfect with pita bread.
Pita Bread Pizza Recipe for Summer
- Whole Wheat or White Pita Bread
- Pizza sauce
- Yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Fresh Basil
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then, spread 2 spoonfuls of pizza sauce over the top of the pita bread.
- Add a handful of mozzarella cheese, until you cover the sauce.
- Next, spread out a few slices of yellow bell pepper and basil.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minute, until the cheese is melted.
Apple & Goat Cheese Pita
- Start by cutting the pita bread in half.
- Then, fill each half with spinach, apple slices, dried cranberries, and goat cheese.
Scrambled Egg Pita Sandwich Recipe for Summer
- First, toast the pita bread in a skillet or toaster oven.
- Next, scramble the eggs in a skillet.
- Then, cut the pita bread in half, and fill with the eggs. Top with some cheese and pico.
Strawberry Balsamic Pitas
- Whole Wheat or White Pita Bread
- Strawberries, sliced
- Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling
- First, cut the pita bread in half.
- Next, fill each side with spinach, sliced strawberries, and goat cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
The only thing I love more than playing around in the kitchen is buying new kitchen gadgets to experiment with! Here are some of our favorites:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Pizza Stone
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Half Apron in Red or Blue
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Summer Recipes
- 5 Homemade Slurpees Recipes
- Cool and Refreshing Summer Treats for Kids
- 5 Big & Juicy Burger Ideas
- 14 Scrumptious Campfire Desserts You Need to Make This Summer
- 5 Summer Sides for a Weekend BBQ
What’s your favorite way to serve pita bread? Comment below!