Pita bread is a summer staple in my house! Try these 5 easy and yummy Pita Bread Recipes for Summer for the best summer meals that are both light and filling!
Easy and yummy Pita Bread Recipes
These pita bread recipes are easy to make and require a few ingredients you may already have on hand! Mix up the very simple dough, let it rise, and experience the magic of fresh, warm, perfectly puffy homemade pita bread.
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Creamy Avocado Hummus with Pita Bread
This Creamy Avocado Hummus recipe from Burnt Macaroni will change your life, if you like hummus, that is! It’s a wonderful take on a classic recipe that is perfect with pita bread.
Ingredients Needed To Make Creamy Avocado Hummus With Pita Bread:
- 2 Avocados
- 1 can Chick Peas 15 oz
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Cumin
- Cilantro, chopped
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Tortilla Chips
How To Make Creamy Avocado Hummus With Pita Bread:
- In a food processor, pulse chick peas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice and garlic for 2 minutes
- Add avocados, cumin, salt and a good sprinkle of fresh ground pepper to the food processor and pulse for another 2 minutes
- Transfer to a serving bowl, add olive oil, cilantro and a pinch of red pepper flakes to the top for serving
2. Pita Bread Pizza
I once had a craving for a pizza, but I didn’t have the things to make pizza dough, so I got this idea! A good recipe for kids, too. I use pocket-less pitas we buy from Indian groceries, but I’m sure regular will work.
Ingredients Needed To Make Pita Bread Pizza:
- Whole Wheat or White Pita Bread
- Pizza sauce
- Yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Fresh Basil
How To Make Pita Bread Pizza:
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then, spread 2 spoonfuls of pizza sauce over the top of the pita bread.
- Add a handful of mozzarella cheese, until you cover the sauce.
- Next, spread out a few slices of yellow bell pepper and basil.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minute, until the cheese is melted.
3. Apple & Goat Cheese Pita
This Apple-Goat Cheese Pita Pizza is my healthy riff on California Pizza Kitchen’s Pear+Gorgonzola Pizza. It’s full of fantastic flavor with apples, cranberries, and a goat cheese-dressed spinach salad on top!
Ingredients Needed To Make Apple & Goat Cheese Pita:
How To Make Apple & Goat Cheese Pita:
- Start by cutting the pita bread in half.
- Then, fill each half with spinach, apple slices, dried cranberries, and goat cheese.
4. Scrambled Egg Pita Sandwich
Need an idea for a quick breakfast? We give you this scrambled egg pita sandwich. You make your favorite scrambled egg, and you serve it inside pita bread. This recipe will be even quicker if you decide to use leftovers.
Ingredients Needed To Make Scrambled Egg Pita Sandwich:
How To Make Scrambled Egg Pita Sandwich:
- First, toast the pita bread in a skillet or toaster oven.
- Next, scramble the eggs in a skillet.
- Then, cut the pita bread in half, and fill with the eggs. Top with some cheese and pico.
5. Strawberry Balsamic Pitas
Heavenly balsamic strawberry pitas! This recipe is the perfect, easy Friday night dinner for two with incredible flavors.
Ingredients Needed To Make Strawberry Balsamic Pitas:
- Whole Wheat or White Pita Bread
- Strawberries, sliced
- Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling
How To Make Strawberry Balsamic Pitas:
- First, cut the pita bread in half.
- Next, fill each side with spinach, sliced strawberries, and goat cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
More Easy and Yummy Recipes To enjoy this summer!
- 5 Homemade Slurpees Recipes
- Cool and Refreshing Summer Treats for Kids
- 5 Big & Juicy Burger Ideas
- 14 Scrumptious Campfire Desserts You Need to Make This Summer
- 5 Summer Sides for a Weekend BBQ
So which yummy summer recipe are you going to try out today? Let us know in the comments!