Are you celebrating Memorial Day or the 4th of July with a cookout, friends, and family? If so, volunteer to bring dessert because we’ve got an easy one for you that’s guaranteed to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth and it is super easy to make!
Patriotic Oreo Cookies
Patriotic Oreo Cookies are simple, fun, and perfect for summer! Best of all, the kids will happily help you make them.
Perfect for red, white, and blue themed parties, Memorial Day, 4th of July, or just because, these Patriotic Oreo Cookies are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser!
This article contains affiliate links.
- Oreo Cookies
- Red, white, and blue Star Sprinkles
- Wilton White Candy Melts (12 ounce bag)
Instructions to Make Dipped Oreos
First, melt the candy melts as directed in a microwave safe bowl.
Dip each Oreo halfway into the melted candy, then place on a parchment lined pan.
After you’ve dipped each cookie, sprinkle a pinch of star sprinkles on top of the melted candy.
Allow the cookies to harden completely before serving (about 30 minutes).
TIP: Candy melts will remelt if the temperature becomes warm enough. I don’t recommend leaving these cookies in the sun or in a hot car!
Watch ’em go fast! Your friends and family will thank you!
MORE DELICIOUS SUMMER RECIPES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
One of my favorite things about summer is all of the yummy food!
- 18 Flavor-Filled Backyard Grilling Recipes if your Memorial Day menu includes grilling this year
- 5 Homemade Slurpees Recipes are among my kids favorite things to make
- 15 Delicious Watermelon Recipes just in case our Memorial Day watermelon salad was a little out there for your family!
- Camping desserts that you don’t need to be camping to make for Memorial Day
- Popsicle recipes that pair perfectly with Memorial Day celebrations