These 25 ideas for playing with snow are certainly going to keep your kiddos busy this winter!
If you don’t want to be stuck inside all day, try these ideas out for yourself (don’t worry- some of them even have you bringing the snow in!).
Our four kids love to run outside as soon as the snow falls! Last year, our four year old son waited outside for over an hour, waiting for those tiny snowflakes of North Carolina to turn into enough snow to make a snowman!
We only had a few days of snow, so we took advantage of it and played with it as much as we could! I hope that these 25 ideas for playing with snow will help you to be inspired to get out there in the snow and play…or bring it inside!
Playing with Snow – Food
- Snowman pancakes
- Snowman Hot Chocolate
- Tortilla Snowflakes with Cinnamon and Sugar
- Snow Ice Cream with Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Snow Ice Cream
- Snowman Cookies – I attempted these & didn’t do so well, but I’m sure that yours will be fantastic!
- Snowman Marshmallow treats- 3 marshmallows, held together with pretzels. Use pretzel sticks for arms, and mini chocolate chips for the eyes, mouth and buttons.
Playing with Snow – Outside
- How to Build a REAL IGLOO out of snow – it includes the secrets to building it easily via Your Modern Family
- Make these adorable Mr Potato Head Snow People – via happy hooligans
- Playing with Sticks and Stones in Snow – let them get creative! via happy hooligans
- cake and ice-cream in the snow (this could be inside or outside) via happy hooligans
- Let them go Sled Riding!
- Build Ice Sculptures in the snow via happy hooligans
- Make snow angels!
- Make a mini snowman even when you don't have a lot of snow! via Your Modern Family
- Use these Cold Weather Fitness – ideas for you & your kids! via Your Modern Family
- Let your kids play Restaurant. Set up a little table outside (a plastic picnic table, perhaps) and let the kids order ‘food’. The waiter or waitress can make the food with snow (shaped like a hamburger or hotdog). Throw in some plastic plates and cups, too!
Playing with Snow – Inside
- Snowflake Coloring Pages to Make Glow-in-the-Dark Window Clings
- Read books about the snow
- Make a Sugar String Snowman Holiday Decoration
- Any of these indoor snow-themed activities
- Put snow in the sink and let the kids play with the snow and faucet (our kids love to watch it melt).
- Let them play in a snow sensory bin via happy hooligans
- Have a diamond dig in the snow and let them collect precious gems! via happy hooligans
- Talk about hibernation! This is a great chance to teach your kids new things.
- Spray paint the snow ¦ via Your Modern FamilyThanks for sharing these ideas! Pick your favorite and try it!