Today we have a printable owl craft with template for kids of all ages to print, cut and then glue together. It is a simple craft that works great at home or in the classroom.
You can choose to make your owl craft to make a blue/green owl or you can choose the pink/purple owl color combination.
Printable Owl Craft for Kids
This owl craft is super cute and so easy to make with the printable owl template. I love having free printable crafts around for days when we’re stuck inside and desperately need an activity quickly even for my preschool age kid.
For younger kids for a preschool owl craft, you can cut out the pieces ahead of time or have the preschoolers practice their scissor skills. Then hand over a glue stick, and see what he comes up with based on following the guide at the top of the printable. It can be a little tricky because the wings and the feet need to glued to the back side of the body instead of the front.
Print the owl cut out template multiple times to make a whole little owl family!
This article contains affiliate links.
- Our free owl craft printable (below)
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
- Glue Stick
- (Optional) Card stock paper
- (Optional) Additional owl accessories like feathers, pom poms, markers or paint
Download & print your owl craft template pdf file here:
Download & print owl template of your color choice.
Cut the pieces of the owl out. Before cutting out, you can glue to a card stock base and let the glue dry before cutting out if you want a thicker base for your owl craft.
Follow the little picture of the finished owl craft in the upper right corner of each printed owl craft template. I like to start at the bottom and move up by gluing on:
- Owl feet to owl body – note that the feet are glued from behind in our example
- Owl wings to owl body – note that the wings are glued from behind in our example
- Owl eyes
- Owl nose
More Owl Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Download & print our easy step by step tutorial on how to draw an owl.
- Make this fun owl valentine.
- One of my very favorite crafts on Kids Activities Blog is our folded owl craft that uses cupcake liners.
- Download & print our owl coloring pages that comes with a video tutorial.
- Make a fun food owl sandwich!
- Use an owl craft to learn skip counting.
- Cute nursery rhyme crafts in honor of the owl and the pussy cat
- Love these cool owl coloring pages
- How about a wise owl coloring page?
How did your printable owl craft turn out? Which color did you choose for your owl craft?