Make an Easy Owl Sandwich
Want to make a really cute, really Easy Owl Sandwich without any special tools?
We love our cute sandwiches around here and we have the cookie cutters and sandwich shapers to prove it. We also really love owls and wanted to design an owl that doesn’t need extra shaped cutters and fancy add-ons to make it happen.
What You Need:
- Round sandwich thins bread
- Sandwich fillings (we used turkey)
- 1 piece of orange cheese
- 1 piece of white cheese
- 1-2 black olives
- 2 large twist pretzels
- 2 small twist pretzels
- A plate
- A knife
- Something to cut small circles (round cookie cutter, bottle cap or jar lid, kids’ medicine cup, etc)
How to Make an Easy Owl Sandwich:
- Make your turkey sandwich on your sandwich things, leave out the cheese for now.
- Cut your orange cheese on a diagonal to make a triangle.
- Use your circle cutter to cut two circles from your white cheese. Put the cheese scraps in your sandwich.
- Place the orange triangle cheese at the top of your sandwich thin, pointy side down to make the beak.
- Put your white circle cheese on top of the orange to make the eyes.
- Slice an olive or two into circles and add one on top of each white circle to finish the eyes.
- Tuck each large pretzel to the left and right of the owl for wings.
- Add the mini pretzels at the bottom for feet.
- And you have a cute and tasty owl!
If you want to pack your owl for lunch, remove the small pretzel feet and swap the large pretzel wings for teeny pretzels wings! The wing swap made our owl fit in most sandwich boxes.
Looking for another fun lunch treat? Try making a fairy sandwich to surprise your children!