Matching a book with a craft can make reading come to life. These activities combine a love of crafting and reading to create a great experience. After you read a book, make a craft to go along with it! Here are a few books with crafts to get you started.
Today’s best blog feature, Kids Creative Chaos, is sharing some of her favorite crafts that accompany a children’s book.
5 Books with a Matching Craft
- Big Red Barn – This book is a classic and a favorite among so many. Make your very own red barn with a few cardboard items. Your little one will love this!
- Daisy-Head Mayzie – Make a daisy hat so you can look just like the character in the book! All you need is construction paper and a little imagination!
- One Tricky Monkey Up On Top – After reading this book, grab some construction paper and make your own monkey mask.
- The Kissing Hand – Make your very own kissing hand art with this recipe for edible finger paint. This would be great for Valentine’s Day!
- The Rainbow Fish – Hang onto all your construction paper scraps! Get them out and use the multi-colored papers to create your own rainbow fish. So pretty!
Check Out More Books and Book-related Crafts!
- Books to ease back to school jitters
- DIY busy books look so fun!
- DIY LEGO instruction books
- Pokemon bookmarks
- How to Train Your Dragon bookmarks
- Harry Potter spellbook journals