If you’re visiting Daytona Beach you probably already plan to visit the beach, but there’s a ton more to do in this little city. Here are a few of our favorite spots for young kids.
10 Things to Do with Kids in Daytona Beach, FL
1. Beach and Splash Park – Of course, you can't come to Daytona Beach without going to the beach. There are options for driving directly on the beach or going to a non-driving section depending on your personal preference. We love to park near Sun Splash Park where there is a shaded playground and a free splash park. The kids love hoping back and forth between the ocean and the splash park.
2. Daytona Lagoon – Daytona Lagoon has something for every member of the family whether you want to get wet and soak up the sun or stay dry and keep cool. There's a water park with a wave pool, lazy river, water rides, and slides to enjoy. Kids can also choose from Go-Karts, Miniature Golf, Laser Tag, Arcade Games, a Carousel, and a Rock Wall. I love that it's a place that is big enough to have a fun day, but it is small enough that we aren't exhausted from trekking all over like a big theme park.
3. Ice Skating – Cool off and go ice skating at the Daytona Ice Arena year round. If you happen to be in Daytona from mid-November through December, you can also enjoy oceanfront ice skating on the 4,800-square-foot outdoor rink located right next near the Bandshell. The Bandshell is also home to great free concerts and other outdoor activities. Check the schedule to see what's happening while you're in the area. Adjacent to the Bandshell you ™ll find the Ocean Walk Shoppes where there are restaurants, stores, and a movie theatre.
4. Boardwalk & Pier – See the view of the city from atop the Ferris Wheel at the Daytona Beach Boardwalk. There you ™ll also find more rides, arcade games, and restaurants. Before you leave take a walk or go fishing on the historical Daytona Beach Pier.
5. Magic Milk Sand Art – Kids can creative and make their own souvenirs by visiting one of the Magic Milk Sand Art locations. You can go with a traditional footprints in the sand family keepsake or choose from a variety of other creations.
6. Angell & Phelps Chocolate Factory – Take a free tour of the Angell & Phelps Chocolate Factory. See how candy makers have been making chocolates the old-fashioned way since 1925. We love the yummy free samples, too!
7. Zoom Air Adventure Park – Get active and enjoy the outdoors on the adventure courses at the Zoom Air Adventure Park. Participants must be over 54 tall, so this is a fun option for families with older children.
8. Museum of Arts & Sciences – Visit the Museum of Arts & Sciences. There are some great hands-on attractions in the Children's Museum. My girls love to make pizzas at the Pizza Place, and the Tennis Ball Launcher is always a favorite. A free planetarium show of the night sky and a Children's Laser Show are included with museum admission. Just plan ahead so that you are there for the show times. For a small fee you can also see the Laser Music Concert.
9. Daytona Cubs Baseball – Catch a Daytona Cubs baseball game. Meet the team's lovable mascot,Cubby, and enjoy one of the many activities they always have planned for kids.
10. Daytona International Speedway – Watch a race or take a tour of the Daytona International Speedway. Little race fans six and older can also enjoy the Junior Ride-Along at the Richard Petty Driving Experience.
And if you're willing to drive a few miles outside of Daytona Beach you might also enjoy visiting the Reptile Discover Center, the Marine Science Center, Florida's tallest lighthouse, or the Marine Discover Center. Enjoy your visit!