8 Unique Games With Chalk
Games with chalk can be so much more than just the simple hopscotch and drawing stick figures. With summer approaching, we’re looking for more If you have your own kids activities to share, be sure to come back and visit our It's Playtime! link up later this afternoon. creative ways to get outside and play with our kids. Games with chalk is a great place to start.
We’ve put together a list of unique games with chalk from the wonderful posts linked up on Kids Activities Blog It’s Playtime! meme.
8 Unique Games With Chalk
1. Create an outdoor race track for your toy cars by laying out paving stones and using chalk to create the road lines.
2. Teach letter recognition by writing out the alphabet outside in sidewalk chalk, and then using a hockey stick or something similar, hit a puck (or ball) and name the letter it lands on.
3. Write out numbers in chalk and then have your kids roll the dice. They must add up their total and hop through the numbers to reach the one they rolled.
4. Have fun playing the classic game of hopscotch by drawing out squares and number each one 1-10. This is great excercise for little ones!
5. Use those extra paving stones lying around and build them into the shape of a rainbow. Your kids can take their sidewalk chalk and color in rainbow colors to finish it up.
6. Trace your childs shadows with chalk to create a sundial. You can teach your kids a lot about how the earth moves throughout the day by making a new shadow every hour.
7. Make art with your kids by finding items outside like leaves and twigs and using them to color on paper with chalk.
8. A twist on the ever popular tic-tac-toe; draw your board and toss bean bags into the square you’d like to claim.
If you have your own kids activities to share, be sure to come back and visit our It's Playtime! link up later this afternoon.
Thanks for featuring our chalking sundial, love the other ideas for using chalk, definitely going to have a go with some of the games suggested. Thanks again. Ellie
What a great roundup! Thanks for including us – totally made my day. xo P
Make a bulls eye and try to bounce rocks and twigs in tbe middle.
Make a ouline of child and have them dress themselves up. Pretty, costume, super hero, etc
Make a bulls eye on your wall and use it as target practice with water guns
Write happy messages to everyone that passes in bubble letters and ask the kids to decorate your letters
Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again.
Regardless, just wanted to say wonderful blog!
It’s in reality a nice and useful piece of information.
I’m happy that you simply shared this useful information with us.
Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for