The Gluten & Allergen Free Expo is coming to Dallas! This is a must-attend event if you have food allergies or care for children with these allergies.
Whether you are looking for specialty products that taste great or trying to learn how to cook and bake to meet your dietary needs, this Expo is the place to be! Attendees fly in from around the country and Canada to attend this amazing event and here it is, right in our own backyard!
She Is Dallas Info: The Dallas GFAF Expo will be held Saturday, October 1st – Sunday, October 2nd from 10:00 – 4:00 pm at the Westin Park Central, 12720 Merit Drive in Dallas. The cost for this event is $20 per adult, children ages 3-12 are $5. Tickets available at the door but consider avoiding the lines and purchasing your tickets online. Valet, Paid or Free Parking options are available at the hotel. No strollers are allowed in the ballroom. There is stroller parking area outside the ballroom for you. For more information, please visit the GFAF website or you can follow the Expo on Facebook and Twitter.
Sample hundreds of products from over 70 vendors. Many of the vendors will also be selling their products. All vendors will have a sign indicating which allergens their products contain. There will also be a book fair on-site.
The Presenters at the show include:
- Jen Cafferty with Gluten Free Life and Food Coach and Founder of the Gluten Free Cooking Expo
- Brittany Angell from the blog Real Sustenance: Gluten and Dairy Free Living
- Peter Bronski, author of two cookbooks Artisanal Gluten-Free Cupcakes and Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking and the blog No Gluten, No Problem
- Mary Capone, the director of The Wheat Free Gourmet Cooking School and her newest venture, Bella Gluten-Free, Beautiful Food ¦Simply Delicious features an allergen-free line of dry mixes.
- Amy Green, M.Ed. from the blog Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free
- Iris Higgins of the The Daily Dietribe blog
- Beth Hillson, Author, Gluten-Free Makeovers, Food Editor, Living Without, Founder, Gluten-Free Pantry, President, American Celiac Disease Alliance
- Carol Kicinski, founder of the blog Simply ¦Gluten Free
- Hallie Klecker, author of Daily Bites blog
- Kim Koeller, President and Founder of GlutenFree Passport ®
- Anne Roland Lee, MSEd, RD, LD, Director of Nutritional Services at SchÃ¤r USA
- Alta Mantsch, a gluten-free blogger at Tasty Eats At Home
- Christy Morgan, also known as The Blissful Chef
- Silvana Nardone, founder of Dish Towel Diaries, a gluten-free and gluten-full blog
The vendor fair and GFAF Expo is being hosted by The Lone Star Celiac GIG group. A portion of the proceeds from the event are being donated to the group.
If you can’t make it to the Expo, at least you can take a look at Jen Cafferty’s great website full of gluten free recipes for you to make at home!