North Texas Giving Day 2011 “Get Up and Give!”
North Texas Giving Day 2011 Get Up and Give! is a day when nonprofit organizations with an approved DonorBridge profile are eligible to receive matching funds when donations of $25 or more are made online through Donor Bridge. As of 8/1/2011, over $700,000 in matching funds and prizes have been raised!
She Is Dallas Info: 2011 North Texas Giving Day will take place on Thursday, September 15, 2011 from 7 a.m. “ 7 p.m. For more information or to search for a non-profit organization, please visit the Donor Bridge website. You can also follow Donor Bridge on Facebook or Donor Bridge on Twitter.
There are about 25 categories of non-profit organizations including animals, civil rights, education, housing & shelter, and mental health, just to name a few. You can browse through a particular category of interest to you or you can search for specific non-profit organizations by name or just search for organizations near your zip code. There are approximately 1000 non-profit organizations participating in North Texas Giving Day 2011 so you are sure to find one or two that you feel passionate about.
Prizes are available in several categories for nonprofits, as a means to raise even more money on 2011 Get Up & Give North Texas Giving Day. Prizes have been put up by several foundations including The Dallas Foundation, the Community Foundation of North Texas and the Hoblitzelle Foundation. Prizes include:
- Largest cumulative donation amount
- Most unique individual donations with an operating budget under $1 million
- Most unique individual donations with an operating budget over $1 million
- Most unique individual donations with an operating budget under $500K
- Most unique individual donations with an operating budget over $500K
- The 1,929th donation (Honoring the year the Dallas Foundation was started)
- The 2,011th donation
- Tarrant County Challenge “ Tarrant County based nonprofits with 30 or more gifts will be entered in a random drawing
DonorBridge is run by Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT), with the support of The Dallas Foundation and the Center for Nonprofit Management.