Today we have 5 different Christmas paper crafts that transform paper into Christmas tree crafts which are great for kids of all ages this holiday season. Not only are Christmas trees the most recognizable Christmas decoration, they are really fun and easy paper crafts which make them great holiday crafts.
Paper Christmas Tree Crafts for Kids
We thought it would be helpful to have a variety of paper Christmas tree craft ideas since they can be done as shown or be inspired by these ideas to make your own paper tree art perfect project.
These kids’ Christmas crafts are perfect for kids of all ages. We have simplified them to include instructions for toddlers and preschoolers developing fine motor skills, but they are a great idea for older kids too. Older kids can take a sheet of paper and build something amazing!
Any of the flat Christmas tree crafts can be adapted to making Christmas cards or wall decoration art. The 3D Christmas tree makes a lovely centerpiece and take just a little time this holiday season.
Let’s make paper trees for Christmas…you may end up with a whole forest!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Paper Strip Christmas Tree Craft
- Several sheets of colored paper – construction paper, colorful copy paper, scrapbook paper or even Christmas wrapping paper (no need to go to the craft store)
- (optional) Hole punch
- (optional) Star punch
- (Optional) Paper plate
Instructions to Make Paper Strip Christmas Tree
- Cut colorful strips of paper. They can be uniform strips of a certain width or create a variety like is show in our example.
- Arrange the strips into a tree shape on a piece of construction paper or paper plate. Trim the ends of the paper strips so that the top of the tree is created with shorter strips than the bottom. Have fun creating criss-cross patterns or parallel lines.
- Glue the strips onto a piece of paper in your tree shape and fashion a trunk at the bottom.
- Punch out holes from the colored paper scraps or use scissors to cut small ornament shapes. Glue those on top the finished tree including a star for the very tippy tree top.
2. Paper Triangle Christmas Trees with Clothes Pin Trunks
Supplies Needed for Toddler Christmas Tree Art
- Green construction paper or card stock paper
- Decorations for your tree – punched holes, buttons, holiday stickers, etc.
- Clothes Pins
Steps for Creating Your Paper Triangle Christmas Tree
- Cut triangles and triangle shape pieces out of your green paper or green cardstock.
- Attach the decorations with glue.
- Add a clothes pin at the bottom of each tree as a trunk.
If you are crafting with toddlers, one thing that you could do to eliminate the smaller decoration pieces is to cut the triangles out of cardboard and then cover them with Christmas wrapping paper. The kids can then attach the clothes pins and make tree forests.
3. Preschool Paper Christmas Tree Craft
Supplies Needed for Preschool Christmas Tree Craft
- Green construction paper cut into different shape triangles
- Glue stick
- Stickers – we like the round ones you can find in office supply stores & gold stars
Steps for Creating Your Preschool Paper Christmas Tree Craft:
- Preschoolers can arrange the triangles into a tree and use a glue stick to attach to paper.
- Use stickers to create a decorated Christmas tree which is one of the best fine motor skills building activities…ever.
Older kids can cut out the triangles or Christmas tree shape out of green paper as the first step or use a more delicate craft supply like tissue paper to make a tissue paper Christmas tree.
4. Funny Googly Eye Tree Craft for Kids
Supplies Needed for Silly Christmas Tree Craft
- Green paper or green card stock – it doesn’t have to be a traditional “tree” green color, try a greenish or neon choice
- Pair of Scissors
- Glue or glue sticks
- Googly eyes
Steps for Creating Your Silly Paper Christmas Tree Craft:
- Cut paper into triangles – different sizes and they don’t have to be uniform…remember, this is a SILLY craft!
- Glue the triangles onto a piece of paper in a not-perfectly straight way.
- Add the different size Googly eyes and have a giggle.
DIY Christmas Decorations
5. Make a 3 D Paper Cone Tree for Christmas
Supplies Needed for Paper Cone Tree Craft
Steps for Creating Your 3D Paper Christmas Tree Cone
- Start with your big piece of paper and create a cone with it. Tape or glue it securely into a cone shape and trim the bottom so it can sit flat and upright.
- Cut the green construction paper into 1.5- 2 inch strips. Then holding the paper vertically, cut the strips of paper very close to the top, but not all the way through (if you cut your paper 2 inches thick, cut it 1 and 3/4 inches, so there is enough room at the top.
- Starting at the bottom of your cone, holding the sides of your paper that isn’t cut, begin gluing the strips of paper to your tree. Continue and overlap as much as you would like.
- When you get to the top of the tree, take a strip of your cut green construction paper and make another cone that you glue to the top of the tree.
- Decorate your 3D paper Christmas tree! It makes the cutest small tree Christmas decoration. Don’t forget to put a star on the top of the Christmas tree.
Now we have a paper cone Christmas tree on every table!
MORE CHRISTMAS CRAFT FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- If you are looking for more Christmas crafts for kids, then check out our huge resource with over 100 ideas you can make at home or in the classroom.
- We have oh so many free Christmas printables that you won’t want to miss and keep the paper Christmas crafting going!
- Check out all the anticipation that the holiday season brings with Christmas countdown ideas for the entire family.
- And your REAL Christmas tree won’t be complete without some adorable homemade ornaments! <–check out these fun & easy ideas!
Which of the Christmas paper crafts did you choose? What did your paper Christmas tree look like?