It’s time to learn some cool facts about volcanoes! These volcano facts pages are a great way to learn about them. Our volcano facts pages are perfect for at-home learning or classroom environments, so feel free to print as many copies as needed. Our printable fun facts pdf includes two pages filled with volcano pictures and facts about volcanoes that kids of all ages will enjoy.
Free printable volcano facts For Kids
Did you know that volcanoes are mountains above a pool of molten rock, called magma, below the surface of the Earth? And that volcanic eruptions can trigger tsunamis, flash floods, earthquakes, and other natural phenomena? Click the button to download and print the volcanoes fun facts sheets now:
Here at Kids Activities Blog, we love learning activities that keep kids engaged and having so much fun they don’t even know they are learning… That’s why we know kids are going to love our volcano fun facts pages!
Fun Volcano Facts To Share With Your Friends
- A volcano is an opening in the Earth’s crust, usually found in a mountain. Gas, hot magma, and ash escape from this opening.
- The word comes from the Roman name “Vulcan”, the Roman god of fire.
- Volcanoes are usually found at meeting points of tectonic plates which cause earthquakes, eruptions, and the building of new mountains.
- Volcanoes can be active, dormant, or extinct.
- Active volcanoes have erupted within the last 10,000 years or have other activity.
More Volcano Fun Facts
- A dormant volcano is one that hasn’t erupted in the last 10,000 years, but it might do it at some point.
- Extinct volcanoes haven’t erupted in the last 10,000 years and are unlikely to erupt in the future.
- The liquid inside a volcano is called magma, a rock that is so hot that it turned into a liquid. Once a volcano erupts and magma comes out of the volcano, it is called lava.
- Lava is so hot, it can get up to 2,282°F (1,250°C).
- There are volcanoes on other planets. The largest volcano in our solar system is on Mars and it’s called Olympus Mons).
This article contains affiliate links.
Download The Fun Facts About Volcanoes PDF File Here
This fun facts page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
SUPPLIES Recommended FOR VOLCANO FACTS COLORING SHEETS
- Something to use on your fun facts page: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- The printed volcano facts pages template pdf — see button below to download & print
MORE FUN FACTS FOR KIDS TO PRINT
- Hurricane facts for kids
- Tornado facts for kids
- Ocean facts for kids
- Africa facts for kids
- Australia facts for kids
- Columbia facts for kids
- China facts for kids
- Cuba facts for kids
- Japan facts for kids
- Mexico facts for kids
- Rainforest facts for kids
- Earth’s atmosphere facts for kids
- Grand Canyon facts for kids
More Fun Coloring Pages & Activities From Kids Activities Blog
- We have the best collection of coloring pages for kids and adults!
- Learn how to make a volcano for kids at home with this fun experiment
- Our allosaurus coloring page even include volcanoes too!
- We have the best Earth coloring pages!
- Check out these weather crafts for the whole family
- Here are tons of Earth day activities for kids of all ages
What was your favorite volcano fact?