We have these amazing Olympic coloring pages! Love sports, and athletes? Your little athlete can enjoy these Olympic printable coloring pages and participate in their own way during the Olympics. Download and print the free Olympic coloring sheets for use at home or in the classroom.
Our collection of coloring pages here at Kids Activities Blog has been downloaded over 100K times in just the last year! We hope you love these Olympic coloring pages too!
Olympics Coloring Pages
This printable set includes two Olympic coloring pages, one features the Olympic rings, and the second shows the Olympic torch lit!
The Olympic games are an international sports festival that began in Ancient Greece and is held every four years. The idea behind these sports games is to help contribute to a peaceful and better world by educating people, through sport and excellence, and ultimately contribute to world peace. There are Summer and Winter Olympics, both held in different seasons.
During these competitions, athletes practice one or more of these sports: basketball, baseball, tennis, climbing, softball, surfing, athletics, boxing, gymnastics, karate, golf, archery, volleyball, fencing, rowing, swimming, wrestling, and so many more!
This article contains affiliate links.
Olympic Coloring Page Set Includes
Print and enjoy coloring these Olympic coloring pages to celebrate these athletes who have worked very hard!
1. Olympic Rings Coloring Page
The first coloring page features the famous Olympic rings; the Olympic flag has a white background and has five interlaced rings in the center. Color these rings with blue, yellow, black, green, and red crayons!
Rings are a symbol of the five continents of the world, and the six colors (including white) appear on all the national flags of the world. This fun Olympic coloring page works best for toddlers and kindergarteners.
2.Olympic Torch coloring Page
Our second Olympic coloring page features the Olympic Torch. The Olympic torch relay is a symbol that represents the start of the Olympic ceremony, which ends with the lighting of the Olympic cauldron.
This flame continues to burn for the duration of the Games, until the closing ceremony. I think watercolors would look great on this coloring page! This cartoon coloring sheet is ideal for older kids.
Download & Print Free Olympics Coloring Pages pdf File Here
This coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
Supplies Recommended for Olympic Coloring Sheets
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- (Optional) Something to cut with: scissors or safety scissors
- (Optional) Something to glue with: glue stick, rubber cement, school glue
- The printed Olympic coloring pages template pdf — see button below to download & print
Things You Might Not Know About The Olympics
- The first Olympics started in ancient Greece, which was competitions held to honor the Greek God Zeus.
- Ever since then, the Olympics have been held once every four years.
- In ancient Greece, the winners won an olive branch wreath instead of a medal.
- The gold medal is made mostly of silver and then plated in gold.
- The United States has hosted a total of eight Olympic Games, more than any other country.
- The United States has won more gold medals than any other country during the summer Olympics.
Developmental Benefits of Coloring Pages
We may think of coloring pages as just fun, but they also have some really cool benefits for both kids and adults:
- For kids: Fine motor skill development and hand-eye coordination develop with the action of coloring or painting coloring pages. It also helps with learning patterns, color recognition, structure of drawing and so much more!
- For adults: Relaxation, deep breathing and low-set up creativity are enhanced with coloring pages.
More Olympic Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Make an Olympic Head Wreath Craft for Kids
- Check out all these Olympics Crafts!
- Love this Olympic torch for kids craft.
- This olympics rings sorting activity for preschoolers helps them learn what are the olympic colors!
- Make a laurel leaf headband!
- Download & print our laurel wreath crown coloring page.
Did you enjoy the free Olympic coloring pages? Which was your favorite? The Olympic Rings coloring page or the Olympic Torch coloring page?