Easy DIY Laurel Leaf Crown Craft for Olympic Craft Fun
This laurel leaf crown craft is perfect for kids of all ages and easy to make at home or in the classroom.
We love the Summer Olympics! And at our house we have been talking about the history of the olympic games. This DIY Laurel Leaf Crown is one of our favorite olympics crafts for kids.
You can also make a laurel leaf crown using pipe cleaners as fine motor practice for kids.
I think making this laurel leaf crown is perfect for watching the olympic games!
The laurel wreath was used by the Ancient Greeks. The laurel wreath was a symbol of Apollo and the leaf itself was believed to have spiritual and physical cleansing abilities. Ancient Greeks awarded laurel wreaths to victors in the Olympics and poetic competitions. Laurel wreaths were worn on either the head or neck.
This article contains affiliate links.
DIY Laurel Leaf Crown Craft
Cut the felt into leaf-shaped pieces, using one as a template for the others. We used about 20 leaves in each color for our crown.
Hold the headband horizontally and start at the middle of the back.
Glue leaves into place two at a time, layering them under the leaves you glued previously. Work your way down to the end, adding one leaf to the very end to cover the end of the headband.
Repeat on the other side.
Fun, isn’t it?
Felt Laurel Leaf Crown for Kids
Celebrate learning about the olympic games with this fun games inspired olympic craft for kids. Make a felt laurel leaf crown for kids with simple craft supplies.
- dark green felt
- light green felt
- plastic headband
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Cut felt into leaf shaped pieces. We used about 20 for our laurel wreath crown.
- Starting from the middle of the headband and work one direction, layer the leaves and glue into place.
- Repeat on other side of the headband.
MORE OLYMPIC FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Make an Olympic Head Wreath Craft for Kids
- Check out all these Olympics Crafts!
- These Olympics coloring pages are great featuring the olympic rings and the olympic torch coloring page.
- This olympics rings sorting activity for preschoolers helps them learn what are the olympic colors!
- Download & print our laurel wreath crown coloring page.
- Let’s make edible olympic torches for kids!
This craft goes well with our mix and match headband craft for kids.
How did your laurel wreath crown craft turn out? Are you wearing it everywhere?