“Let’s play soccer!”It really doesn’t get any simpler than this! We put this fun game together in just minutes, yet it provided us with an entire afternoon of giggles! We all had SO much fun and believe it or not, blowing through a straw is an important skill for kids to master. The clever use of mouth control is essential for speech development and word pronunciation. We’ve used straws before in a fun art activity with really beautiful results.
HOW TO MAKE A POM POM SOCCER GAME
- On a large piece of paper or card stock, draw a line down the center to represent the mid-field point on your soccer field.
- Next, draw a semi circle at each end of your soccer field, to represent the goal areas.
- Take a small cardboard box (a shoebox is ideal) and cut it in half. Place one half of the box at each end of the soccer field as goal nets.
- Place a pom pom (your soccer ball!) in the center of the field.
- Each player takes a straw and blows through it to move the pom pom into their goal area.
So simple but so much fun! Here are some more simple activities for kids that also use straws: